Silver remote keys stick?

jayshilstone

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
I know I have seen something about this somewhere, but I can't find it.

My 508 has started doing this recently. Sometimes when I press a button on the remote, it seems like the button sticks, although there is no physical indication of a stuck button. If I am entering an unlock code, the same digit is repeated mulitple times. Sometimes I have to do a reset to get the system to stop.

Any ideas on the cause or the fix?

Thanks,
Jay

That happened to me once after I spilled beer all over the remote.
goodjob.gif

jayshilstone said:
I know I have seen something about this somewhere, but I can't find it.

My 508 has started doing this recently. Sometimes when I press a button on the remote, it seems like the button sticks, although there is no physical indication of a stuck button. If I am entering an unlock code, the same digit is repeated mulitple times. Sometimes I have to do a reset to get the system to stop.

Any ideas on the cause or the fix?

Thanks,
Jay

What version of software do you have? Version 308 fixed this on my reciever, I had three remotes, all three where affected with version 304.

309 is the latest and it fixes the 110 problem (check switch)

Pop open the remote case and take out the rubber key pad and clean the pad and the top half of the remote case. Remotes are one of the foulest and dirtiest appliances in the home next to the computer keyboard, mouse and telephone all thanks to dirty hands and food products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts