Simon Bolivar 78W receivable in S. Florida

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nycrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Currently can receive Simon Bolivar 78W on 6 ft dish.
Can get 11379H 23000 sig 66 on Coolsat 4000 (Scans in 6 channels). Live soccer on one channel.
The 11504 V 3000 sig 70 is a bit higher ( 1 channel scans in)
Tried yesterday on 3 footer dish but signal was only 63, and could not lock signal.
This is reception in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.

No signs of life in Southern California with a 1.2 Meter dish with a universal LNB :(
Thanks for the post, I have look for this satellite a few times without any luck.

Mike Kohl mentions "some spillover into SE US"

78.0 West Simon Bolivar C-Band Serving Venezuela, some overspill to SE U.S.
V-3888 1262 3/4 23.000 0259 0260 TELE SUR
1160 1120 VENEZOLANA DE TV Venezuela
1460 1420 VISION VENEZUELA Venezuela
4096 4097 TVes Venezuela
8191 0702 Audio: La Radio del Sur Venezuela
8191 1122 Audio: Canal Informativo Venezuela
8191 1522 Audio: Canal Activa FM Venezuela
8191 1622 Audio: Canal Clasico FM Venezuela

78.0 West Simon Bolivar Ku-Band Serving Venezuela, some overspill to SE U.S.
FEEDS

11379H Colombeia
Vive TV
ANTV
Venezoelana de TV
TVES
Telesur TV
11504 Showing documentary of oilfields in Venezuela, economic reports of oil production, etc.

Sorry for the necrobump but since there are not that many threads about this bird I wanted to post a little update (also SATBEAMS has finally posted a C Band footprint map of this bird) which might prompt some of the users to see if they are able to get it:

clipboard0.jpg

I was able to get the 3886V 23000 mux here in Central Mexico with my 10 footer with low but enough quality for it to not pixelate

clipbo-1302404115.jpg

image taken from Exploradores de Satélites.com

I dunno about y'all but im always thrilled when I get a new bird I wasnt able to get before!

I know it's not preferred to bring back old threads, but this seems very relevant. ;)
Thanks for the updated info.

edit:
SatBeams map for C-band. (1.2m might work for 1/2 the US)
SatBeams map for Ku-band. (lower tip of Florida and little else)

Last edited:
I think the C Band footprint map is kinda misleading because even though I am using a 10 footer I have noticed that I only get a decent signal on the Hugo Chavez mux from around 9pm ET to 3 or 4am, the rest of the day the signal is so weak I cannot get a lock

the Telesur mux has been powered up substantially, Im getting a very strong signal now when in the past I was barely able to lock it, so if anyone wants to give it a try it might be worth it

Carlos I was referring to the C Band side, I am way outside of the ku footprint for this bird, cannot confirm that info, I believe it is only spot beamed to Venezuela

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts