Please reply by conversation.

polgyver

Creative Tinkerer
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 21, 2010
Toronto
A few photos say it all

IMG_0974.JPGIMG_0977.JPGIMG_0978.JPGIMG_0979.JPGIMG_0980.JPGIMG_0981.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

That is a way to know for sure the replacement is spot on. Never thought of doing that before.

Excellent

Nice simplification on the plastic square you used in Miami on your DishNet Turbo HD.
...which I thought was inspired, as well! :up
?.

Nice simplification on the plastic square you used in Miami on your DishNet Turbo HD. ...which I thought was inspired, as well! :up ?.
You are right, it was inspired... the thread "convert superdish to true FTA use", 10.03.2008, the photo in your post # 34...
Now, I got other idea, a jig instead of a template. Cheers, polgyver

Your spacing looks for a DSS LNBF and not a StarChoice LNBF with a StarChoice dish. I have not measured the two, but the StarChoice LNBF may be closer to the arm?

Larry1 is correct (and when looking at the photos, I didn't notice it was a SC dish, good catch Larry1!). Put a DSS LNB beside the SC LNB on one of my 60e dishes, and the SC LNB face is about 1 1/2 inches farther away from the dish, and the top of the SC LNB is at least 1 inch lower than the top of a DSS LNB. (Quick measurements, in the dark!)

Well, it's the -concept- he's selling. And I'm buying it. ;)
The details are left to the student to get right.
It does point out that you really need the original LNBF assembly.
?Sometimes that is missing, so careful how you improvise.

Your spacing looks for a DSS LNBF and not a StarChoice LNBF with a StarChoice dish. I have not measured the two, but the StarChoice LNBF may be closer to the arm?[/http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/313471-Salvaged-Star-Choice-dish-tried-for-FTA]
You are right, Larry1, dilligent observer... Indeed, I used the wrong LNBF, as I misplaced the original 2 LNBF's and had to use - just for a demo - anything which would fit in the bar. But, for finding the right spot for replacement, I used aluminum flat with plastic sheet - see my post, http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/313471-Salvaged-Star-Choice-dish-tried-for-FTA. I noticed, that this alum-plastic "jig" does not fit all dishes, as the LNBS' faces are at various angles to the bar - and I had to bend the alum. flat in the vice to fit it to particular dish - which was a chore. The cardboard template can adjust to any angle, as it is being held by C-clamp to the side walls of bar, not to the top wall. Cheers, polgyver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts