Simple

timenright

Dec 31, 2007
Happy Holidays All …

My wife and I are over the road drivers. We have a nice new truck with lots of electronics on board and now its time to install the in-motion satellite system. We have a Shuttle XPC Media Center PC. It is connected to a 20” Sharp Aquos using the 15 pin din connection. The Sharp has several other inputs; composite, s-video, and component. We would like to use the media center as our PVR to record our favorite shows and we would like to view HD content on the Sharp if the cost is reasonable and the in-motion dishes can support it.

We are looking for a system that is simple to install and easy to use. Ideally the dish would be 12” tall and 18” in diameter. The receiver would be 12 volts, fit nicely on top of our Shuttle PC (8x10), and would support Dish and DirectTV analog and digital channels all in one nice little box.

My question is how close can I get and what do I need to give up in order to have it? Also, where is digital going? Can in-motion support it in the future? Thanks for your help …

… tim

There are no anolog channels on dish network or direct TV, both systems are 100% digital. Also, I would be very surprised if you could find an in-motion system that supports both dish and direct. The only systems I have seen are extremely large and only point at one satellite at a time, which would really limit your channel selection as both dish and direct use multiple sats. now to pull in all their channels. If you do find what you are looking for, please post your information on here!

Well, after doing a little checking I realized I really have no idea what I am talking about on this subject. Here is a link I found by doing a simple yahoo search on the subject for my own knowledge.

http://www.tracstar.net/inmotion.net

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)