Comcastic prices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
For all those who think Dish & Direct prices increases are going to hurt.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who has Comcast cable and he uses the Tivo HD boxes with cable cards. Well get this, they just added an HD fee on the cable cards PER card.. 1.99 to rent the card.. 6.99 (roughly) to get HD from them.. he has 2 boxes that's 4 cards (since they don't have the M cards down here) at roughly 8-9 bux a card.. 16-18 bux a box.. and that's not even renting THEIR boxes..

OUCH..

I assume they are doing this card because the FCC is mandating they use cable cards in their own boxes.. so maybe their own boxes will be cheaper and then they'll just add the cable card costs on top of that..

Locale MSP
Comcast definatly aint cheap once promo rates end, i spend roughly 200-220 per month on comcast for internet, digital phone, and digital cable.
I have 2 moto 6416 hddvrs, they are really cluncky sofware wise and it is prolly worse malware then dish puts on their products.
The thing with comcast that really pisses me off is there dvr fee's!
I get charged 12.95 per month for dvr, so for me that 25 dollars a month for a cluncky pos that can record in HD, needless to say i always pay my bill att their home office here and always make a point to bitch and complain about unjust dvr fees.

Yea, comcast is running a commercial around here saying an independant research agency said that in Michigan on average customers are paying 5% less with comcast than with satellite.

Lets see, all the high end customers have satellite thus a higher bill and all the new customers who just signed up are on some ultra low rate for the first 12 months!

Yea, comcast is running a commercial around here saying an independant research agency said that in Michigan on average customers are paying 5% less with comcast than with satellite.

Lets see, all the high end customers have satellite thus a higher bill and all the new customers who just signed up are on some ultra low rate for the first 12 months!
bs more like 15 percent more then sat customers

What pisses me off about Comcast is their commercials where they talk about how much faster their internet service is compared to DSL. What they don't tell you is that they jam P2P traffic, and that your Internet traffic can be intercepted by anyone else on your network segment.

I dropped them about 2 years ago.. I was paying over 150 bux a month for everything on cable and 3 dvrs, now I have 3 from dish and pay around 130ish (both are after taxes)..

What pisses me off about Comcast is their commercials where they talk about how much faster their internet service is compared to DSL. What they don't tell you is that they jam P2P traffic, and that your Internet traffic can be intercepted by anyone else on your network segment.
One of my friend who is from Hong Kong, he is half year here and half year there, say the cable internet service is three times faster then here the comcast service.

Interesting. The TV package I had from Comcast would, under the 2008 pricing, be about $112 (including franchise fee but excluding sales tax), but would be about $80 on Dish.

The Comcast video package: Standard cable ($54.99/mo including PEG fee), Digital Preferred ($15.99/mo), Sports Entertainment Pack ($7.99/mo), one HD DVR ($7/mo for the HD and $13.95 for the DVR), and one additional digital outlet ($6.95). Add on 5% for the franchise fee, then add sales tax.

The Dish package I have: DVR Advantage w/ AT250 and HD. $79.99/mo plus tax, excluding discounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts