Simplified DISH pricing list

Weezknight said:
In the end, unless you REALLY want ESPN2-HD and Universal HD, it's better just to hold onto your 811. Maybe a year from now those that hold on, just may get the deal they want (and by that time maybe some HD upgrade channels we care about).

I agree with you Weez. I got a Dish 500 pointed @ 110/119, 2 811's & 322, have AT180+locals+HD pak. I pay nearly $80 bucks a month....and for what??? I could care less about VOOM & it's HD-lite content, some goes for UNi-HD & ESPN2-HD. The only thing I want is friggin' NETWORKS in HD... be it local or out of market!!!

I've decided in the last hour...

I'm staying with exactly what I've got. I'll drive these receivers into the friggin' ground!!! And when the time comes that they go dark, E* can make me a resonable equipment upgrade offer along with some more compelling HD content than the currently offered HD Lite crap!

I almost went for the $49-211 upgrade today, but determined that to maintain my current monthly, I would basically have to downgrade from AT180 to AT120...(HD-Gold to HD-Silver) and for what? Crap that I don't want! NO THANKS!!!
Let me know at the very least when you offer the networks in HD!!!

Please, anyone and everyone....if I'm missing something here let me know!!!!

Jimmy J said:

I'm staying with exactly what I've got.

I think I'll be waiting a bit longer as well too.

I hardly watch what I'm paying $15 bucks a month for right now. I'm not ready for them to charge another $5 for the crap they added, which really should have been free additions.

Jimmy J said:
I agree with you Weez. I got a Dish 500 pointed @ 110/119, 2 811's & 322, have AT180+locals+HD pak. I pay nearly $80 bucks a month....and for what??? I could care less about VOOM & it's HD-lite content, some goes for UNi-HD & ESPN2-HD. The only thing I want is friggin' NETWORKS in HD... be it local or out of market!!!

I'm staying with exactly what I've got. I'll drive these receivers into the friggin' ground!!! And when the time comes that they go dark, E* can make me a resonable equipment upgrade offer along with some more compelling HD content than the currently offered HD Lite crap!

I almost went for the $49-211 upgrade today, but determined that to maintain my current monthly, I would basically have to downgrade from AT180 to AT120...(HD-Gold to HD-Silver) and for what? Crap that I don't want! NO THANKS!!!
Let me know at the very least when you offer the networks in HD!!!

Please, anyone and everyone....if I'm missing something here let me know!!!!
I basicly decided the same thing, except that i am going from 811 to a 942.

I don't really want any of the new channels, or Voom at all, and as long as I subscribe to the current HD pack, I'll get those on the 942, and OTA HD.

Are you not able to recieve your HD locals OTA? If you are, I really suggest that you purchase an antenna and do so, instead of waiting for dish.

joedoe said:
I'm trying to figure out my future cost under the Dish'n Up Promotion.
I own 301 receiver and going to replace 942 with 622 (phone line will be connected):

Silver Pack
----------------------------
HD Silver $59.99
Locals $5.00
HBO + Starz $20.00
DVR Fee $5.98
HD Lease Fee $6.00
Dual Tuner Fee $0.00
Extra Receiver Fee $5.00
-----------------------------------
Result: $101.97

Platinum Pack
----------------------------
HD Platinum $99.99
Locals $5.00
DVR Fee $0.00
HD Lease Fee $6.00
Dual Tuner Fee $0.00
Extra Receiver Fee $5.00
------------------------------------
Result: $115.99

Does it look right to you?

Take $5 or 6 off, one of those two receivers will be your primary. I am not positive since you own the 301, but I think the 622 will automatically become your primary receiver. I believe that it has bean clarified with an E* high up, that the Dish'n Up terms for the upgrades is now the same as what new customers pay.

Chris Freeland said:
Take $5 or 6 off, one of those two receivers will be your primary. I am not positive since you own the 301, but I think the 622 will automatically become your primary receiver. I believe that it has bean clarified with an E* high up, that the Dish'n Up terms for the upgrades is now the same as what new customers pay.

Yes, 622 should become my primary receiver but what $6 are you talking about? Lease fee? Remember that it is Dish'n Up not a DHA.

Last edited:
Yes.

The receiver that gets charged is the 622 for $6 because you'll be getting it though Dish'n it up

Does this apply in my case as well? I currently own a 6000 and plan to buy a 622. Does this mean I won't pay a 2nd receiver fee if I decide to keep the 6000 activated? Will it make a difference if it'll be connected to a SD TV?

no, you always pay some sort of fee for having additional receivers.

If you buy a 622 I think dish can configure it so the 622 is the primary receiver, no fee, and the 6000 becomes a second SD recevier with a $5 fee

BFG said:
no, you always pay some sort of fee for having additional receivers.

If you buy a 622 I think dish can configure it so the 622 is the primary receiver, no fee, and the 6000 becomes a second SD recevier with a $5 fee
The HD reciever automatically becomes the primary reciever.

Let me get this straight...

If I were to add an owned 622, make it my primary receiver, and subscribe to a DishHD package (Platinum), my fee for a leased 942 and 811 receivers be $5 and not $6 per? I certainly don't object to paying for a DishHD package even though the new HD channels can only be seen by one receiver, but I would not be happy having to pay a $6 HD Receiver Lee fee when the receivers can't display any of the new channels.

Can I assume this will be my new "simplified" bill?:

DishHD Platinum (includes owned 622 receiver) w/locals: $104.99
SD Leased Receiver fee (942): $5.00
SD Leased Receiver fee (811): $5.00
DHPP: $5.99
Total: $120.98

Also, does the first receiver have to be DHA (leased) or can it be an owned receiver (622)?

Thanks...

Could some confirm my figures as correct

Presently I subscribe to Top 180 which I pay annually @ 604.88
then I'm billed monthly for 62.92 @12 months = 755.04
total Dish gets from me a year is 1359.08
(not including the 700.00 a year I'm spending on HD receiver upgrades to get 3 more channels of HD each time but that's another gripe)

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 4.98
CHICAGO IL LOCALS 5.99
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 14.97
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
SHOWTIME, STARZ, HBO 29.99
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99
VOOM ORIGINAL 5.0

Now I plan on reducing my subscription price to Dish in protest and I hope to do it in April and take advantage of the 200.00 rebate

Question 1)

is the 200.00 rebate only good for leasing receivers? of is it also good for cash and carry purchases called dish and the CSR said it was available to
cash purchases but you all know how reliable they are when it comes to Dish promotions?!?!? and can I buy this receiver from any retailer or do I need to
go threw Dish ?

secondly are my new Monthly figures right

HD silver package+ Chicago Locals 64.99
Showtime,HBO 20.00
Addl Receiver access fee 9.98 (I removed one receiver)
extended warranty 1.99
DVR service fee 4.98

new Monthly total 101.94

That totals 1223.28 Dish has become the Monster Cable TV was when I left in 1997 only dropping 136.65 from my bill a year but it's something

I'll let an expert answer your specific questions, but I want to chime in about your present bill. This doesn't sound right:
Presently I subscribe to Top 180 which I pay annually @ 604.88
Last year I was paying $495 for AT180 and it just went up to $528. The $604.88 you mention matches exactly what I was paying for AT180+HBO/SHO. It almost sounds like you're getting double-billed for the premium channels (unless the price you quoted includes something else you didn't specify).

epsilon said:
I'll let an expert answer your specific questions, but I want to chime in about your present bill. This doesn't sound right:

Last year I was paying $495 for AT180 and it just went up to $528. The $604.88 you mention matches exactly what I was paying for AT180+HBO/SHO. It almost sounds like you're getting double-billed for the premium channels (unless the price you quoted includes something else you didn't specify).

I called dish today asking what my annual fee for the top 180 will be in April
they told me 604.88

I was also paying for the HD package annually that's most likely the difference
didn't think of it since this package will be replaced by the new HD package
typical Dish can't even give you the answer you need !

Also got off the line yet again with another CSR at Dish she claims the renewal fee for AT 180 is 550. bucks since Feb 1st another good reason to stop the annual payments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)