Simplified DISH pricing list

Advise

Looking for advise on what to do. I am a 942 lease customer with a additional 625 DVR. I currently get T60 and the 15? voom chanels for $55/month. After 1 year of the voom chanels I can say I am not interested anymore with the programs. I would much rather watch the network chanels in HD than any other chanels. I have the option of upgrading to a 622 for $99 after 4/1/06 but do not know if this would be of interest for me as I again realy only want my locals in HD (so much for MNF in HD now on ESPN). My reqirrments as follow:
1 HBO for the Suprano's but drop it after the season ends.
2 Disney for my little girl.
3 One DVR (the 942 or 622 if I upgrade) I do not use the 625 in my basement.
4 T60
5 HD Locals ( I live the southern New Jersey)

I think I can use my 942 as a tuner to get my locals in HD is that correct and does the 622 act as a tuner also? Could someone help a lost sole out and help me configure the cheapest package that meets our needs. Thank you in advance.

Your cheapest, and highest quality solution is to put up an OTA antenna to get your locals. Hopefully, you can do that.

Whenever Dish provides your HD locals, it will be in MPEG-4 format. You must have a ViP series receiver, such as the ViP622 HD DVR, to receive them. Or you could get a ViP211, which is similar to the 301/311, except it gets MPEG-4. And to sign up for the ViP series, you must sign up for one of the "metallic" packages. These will include 23, soon to be 25, IIRC, HD channels. 15 of these are Voom. I believe today you are getting 10 of the Voom channels.

The ViP 622 does receive HD OTA also, plus the two satellite tuners.

Last edited:
So my options are
Install an OTA antena for around 80 dollars and have my 942 tune in OTA HD. Subscribe to T60 for 29.99 / month and not upgrade grade my 942 to a 622 and down grade my 625 to a non DVR. I would pay 36/month is that correct?
Upgrade from 942 to 622 for 99 dollars and subscribe to bronze package no locals. Downgrade my 625 to a non DVR any pay 49 + 6= 55 / month is this correct?

Also how long will the 99 dollar 942 to 622 offer be good for if I decide l want to upgrade at a later date and what is the contract time for the bronze package?

I appreciate your comment. Several people, especially BFG, have made this possible.

It now seems that current subscribers considering upgrading to the ViP622 must call Dish. Local retailers/installers are not allowed to do the $299 upgrade. These upgrades must all be arranged thru DISH.

Stickin' It to Dish

Well, I just downgraded my plan from AT180 to AT120 to save $10 month and it feels good. Dish raised their rates on the programming plans and this was my way of protesting. They even increased the DVR fee, but didn't provided any additional features/service for this increase. I'm still waiting for them to add support for an external hard drive for the 942.

Now I'm a reasonable person. I understand that prices increase over time, but I'm tired of Dish (and the content providers plus other distributors) bundling packages that make no sense. I want ala cart or at least a sensible breakdown of packages that are contextually related. Sports should definitely be segmented out because they are the most expensive. Why should I supplement $100 million dollar player salaries.

Dish wanted to charge me $4 more a month for nothing, but I struck back and reduced my plan by $10, netting a savings of $6 month. Just my little way of stickin' it to Dish.

Last edited:
I just checked out the order online at dishtv and found out that new subscribers that Subcribe to a minimum of AT120, Dish HD Silver, Dish Latino Max, Dish Latino HD Bronze, or Great Wall HD and receive a $10 credit for 10 months!

so I added that to the chart

0_205offer2_stakes.jpg

Last edited:
Yes.

I remember some posts of users getting a credit after they upgraded to Dish HD, but didn't know what it was. Maybe they are new folks, or they did get the credit

BFG said:
I just checked out the order online at dishtv and found out that new subscribers that Subcribe to a minimum of AT120, Dish HD Silver, Dish Latino Max, Dish Latino HD Bronze, or Great Wall HD and receive a $10 credit for 10 months!
Why not DishHD Bronze? Silver does include AT120, but Bronze is at the same price point as the DL and GW bundles that qualify for the credit.

mpeltz said:
Dish wanted to charge me $4 more a month for nothing, but I struck back and reduced my plan by $10, netting a savings of $6 month. Just my little way of stickin' it to Dish.
I'm about to do something similar to this too, because I got my bill yesterday and it went up $5 + tax. For nothing. I'm thinking I'll drop the $9.99 HD pack because it's crap, and probably get rid of Cinemax too. Should net me about $9/month savings.

Sorry if this question is in a faq somewhere...

For new customers, does dish bill 2x months for the first payment? My first bill had everything x2 and stated Feb-April

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts