Simultaneous HD Feed

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hey guys, I saw the following statement on another site and wondered if you all would agree, or disagree with it. The guy says..."the 722K will not output hdmi, and component simultaneously." Is this true?

Dish has said they have the ability to turn off the component outputs if the programming provider demands it. They have also said they have the ability to down res them too (to like 480p while HDMI runs 1080).

Dish at least for now has kept them both on all the time.

If dish did do this to components, could you keep your DVR from updating to the "non-working component" mode by deactivating the automatic updates some how?

They can force updates to the receiver if needed. if you never turn it off they cant update it. although if firmware is not current you can loose sats.

EFF

What about this nonsense? http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/212438-fcc-ruling.html If I read that right, they intend to close the analog hole, in which case the only HD output available would be HDMI. Of course the other site would still be wrong if component would still simultaneously output 480p...

I contacted the Electronic Frontier Foundation last night to let them know about the MPAA trying to screw everyone again. They were able to spot them before I hope they can do it again. It's time that the MPAA had a stop put to this BS permanently.

If dish did do this to components, could you keep your DVR from updating to the "non-working component" mode by deactivating the automatic updates some how?

I suspect the software has already been in place on the receivers for a long time. Dish just has to flag the program that it is downres. No way to block it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)