Simultaneous use of 61.5 and 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Aliens

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 8, 2009
Virginia
A year ago our locals were moved to 129. At that time, and after 4 additional visits from 4 different installers, I was told I couldn’t get 129 because of the trees. Well, to make a long story short, last month a tech took the time to do something other than look through a viewfinder; he repositioned my 61.5 and immediately found 129 – took him all of 3 minutes. It’s important to understand that my neighbor has the same setup, but he has his dish on his roof with a perfectly clear look at 129 and we both get 30 on our signal indicator, so trees are not my issue. I have OTA and receive everything I need, but anyone without the guide knows what a PITA that is, which is why getting the guide is important to me. However, since going to 129, I’ve experienced breakups and dropouts on the HD channels to the degree I never experienced with the 61.5. I would like to use the 129 for the local guide and the 61.5 for the HD channels. Is this possible?

Last edited:
I would like to use the 129 for the local guide and the 61.5 for the HD channels. Is this possible?

No. Most of time it will default to 129 sat when looking at both 61.5 and 129 sat. There's override settings to change it. Sometimes it will see the 61.5 sat but usually it's on the 129 sat. It also doesn't matter what the sat strength is. If you have dropouts on 129 they will still be there.

if 129 is there it will default to 129 not 61.5, i am a tech and would never leave 129 at 30 percent ,you can keep picture at 30 percent but as soon as weather gets rainy you lose signal and at that low of signal it will start to cut out hope this helps

EEPG for the DVR's comes from 119. I totally agree 129 at 30 points on national beams is horrible on Ciel-2.
Something isn’t right. I’ve had 119 for years, but when they moved my locals from 105 to 129 last summer, I lost my guide info. When I called a CSR to ask if there was a way to get the guide without getting the locals, they said I needed 129.

Being as LOS isn’t an issue, although 129 is low on the horizon, how can I increase the 129 signal, or is this just another one of the many problems people report about 129?

I suppose I could get my weekly guide download, unplug 129, plug 61.5 in, and do that once a week. I’m open to any ideas. I wish I had Eastern Arc in my region.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for the responses.[/FONT]

There are no problems with 129 anymore. The satellite is brand new from the 1Q 2009. Excellent coverage over the US...if you don't have trees blocking it.

What locals are you missing guide info from?

There are no problems with 129 anymore. The satellite is brand new from the 1Q 2009. Excellent coverage over the US...if you don't have trees blocking it.

What locals are you missing guide info from?
With 129 installed, none.

I'd just like a stronger signal so my HD channels would be as consistent as they were on 61.5.

A year ago our locals were moved to 129. At that time, and after 4 additional visits from 4 different installers, I was told I couldn’t get 129 because of the trees. Well, to make a long story short, last month a tech took the time to do something other than look through a viewfinder; he repositioned my 61.5 and immediately found 129 – took him all of 3 minutes. It’s important to understand that my neighbor has the same setup, but he has his dish on his roof with a perfectly clear look at 129 and we both get 30 on our signal indicator, so trees are not my issue. I have OTA and receive everything I need, but anyone without the guide knows what a PITA that is, which is why getting the guide is important to me. However, since going to 129, I’ve experienced breakups and dropouts on the HD channels to the degree I never experienced with the 61.5. I would like to use the 129 for the local guide and the 61.5 for the HD channels. Is this possible?

I have a 722K and a 622 they switch back and forth between 129 and 65.1 on national programing. If I have them both on usually one is o129 and othet on 65.1. Very seldom they are both on the same one unless they are on locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)