Since version 6.16 DVR gets stuck on pgrm download? anyone else?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Since yesterday, I guess this is when the receiver got L6.16 I have found the receiver stuck in program download. The timers are not executed and it the receiver had to be rebooted. Even after reboot it gets stuck a few times in the same program download. Anyone is having this problem.

Since yesterday, I guess this is when the receiver got L6.16 I have found the receiver stuck in program download. The timers are not executed and it the receiver had to be rebooted. Even after reboot it gets stuck a few times in the same program download. Anyone is having this problem.
Not sure mine is the same issue, but I will chime in anyway and see.

We have a 625 and a 722. The 722 has been fine for the past 3 days. 625 has has a problem with Program Guide Downloading (when it is turned on, it shows the downloading screen). Have NOT had to reboot (receiver is in another room so not convenient to reboot), but just cancelling the Download Screen, has allowed TV to be watched.

As for the timers, I didn't turn my tv on this morning (busy day) until I checked for this thread, and the Download Screen was on. However, the 2 timers I have set to run everyday were recording (one was in process, so I don't want to mess right now).

As for it being software related, I don't know that it is as the 625 with the problem has software version L5.31 (Complete Line Says - L531GJ3D-N).

Hope that helps,
Geoff

We have a 625 and a 722. The 722 has been fine for the past 3 days. 625 has has a problem with Program Guide Downloading (when it is turned on, it shows the downloading screen). Have NOT had to reboot (receiver is in another room so not convenient to reboot), but just cancelling the Download Screen, has allowed TV to be watched.

As for the timers, I didn't turn my tv on this morning (busy day) until I checked for this thread, and the Download Screen was on. However, the 2 timers I have set to run everyday were recording (one was in process, so I don't want to mess right now).

As for it being software related, I don't know that it is as the 625 with the problem has software version L5.31 (Complete Line Says - L531GJ3D-N).

Hope that helps,
Geoff

I also have a 722 and a 625 and when I turn on the 625 it will be stuck on either the acquiring sat 0 of 5 or the program guide screen. Dish has replaced every part and it is still doing it. This is happening often enough, that I can't depend on it to use it to set recordings anymore. Have you got any fix on yours yet?

One of my vip622s was stuck in the download program guide one time.
I rebooted and ran check switch and hasn't happened again.

I wish that was the case with me and some of the others that have posted on this problem, but mine is happening way too many times.

Ever since my 722 got this update, I have been getting "no signal" messages when watching HD channels. I mostly have seen them while watching my NHL Center Ice channels.

I didn't have this problem at all before this update and my signal levels for 129 are pretty strong. When this happens I just switch the channel and come back to it and it's fine. This is really frustrating because I didn't have even problems with the older software version. Can't Dish fix something without creating another problem? :confused:

Ever since my 722 got this update, I have been getting "no signal" messages when watching HD channels. I mostly have seen them while watching my NHL Center Ice channels.

I didn't have this problem at all before this update and my signal levels for 129 are pretty strong. When this happens I just switch the channel and come back to it and it's fine. This is really frustrating because I didn't have even problems with the older software version. Can't Dish fix something without creating another problem? :confused:

That is not at all what is happening to me. I have a 722 and a 625 hooked up to a 1000.2 dish and when I first turn on the 625 for the first time, (the 722 has not never done this), it will be stuck on either the acquiring sat 0 of 5 or the downloading guide screen and will stay there until I reboot or do a check switch test. Most of the time, what must be starting this to happen is when it checks for the new guide info. that is set by default to happen at 3:00 am every morning.

Hope that helps,
Geoff
Update on my situation...

After 3 or 4 more days of it doing the same on the 625 (no more than a week), it has stopped doing it. Still the same software version as listed above. Not sure what caused this issue if others are still having an issue (one thought was a bad batch of EPG Data to download may have caused it to hang for a few days in a row and when the bad data disappeared, the problem disappeared), but if others are still having the problem, then it wouldn't be that.

Geoff

My 722 is having same issue as OP (stuck downloading program guide). Just got off phone w/ tech support cause sick of it missing timers. They told me that they needed to replace the DVR and are sending me a new one. Not sure that's the solution, but we'll see. Good excuse to buy a 21.0 remote, though. I don't want to transfer all of my settings manually!

kwd, you posted second time OFFTOPIC !!!!

Wouldn't be opening new thread help you more ?

Except for not having L6.16 the problem is the same. There was another thread I found on this same problem, but it would not let me reply, since it was too old. I don't see any proof yet that the software version is even the problem yet, if that is the difference you you are talking about being off topic.

I have lost my over the air tuner after I got 6.16. The Offair signal has been lost.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This was on my 722.

Update on my situation...

After 3 or 4 more days of it doing the same on the 625 (no more than a week), it has stopped doing it. Still the same software version as listed above. Not sure what caused this issue if others are still having an issue (one thought was a bad batch of EPG Data to download may have caused it to hang for a few days in a row and when the bad data disappeared, the problem disappeared), but if others are still having the problem, then it wouldn't be that.

Geoff

I had an issue with my 625 last Friday, Jan 16. I watched TV just fine when I left the house at 6am -- when I returned at 4pm I saw a progress screen (like you would see after a cold reboot) upon powering up the receiver. I waited about 10 minutes but the progress screen was stuck. I did a cold reboot and it's been okay ever since. However, the DVR missed a one-hour 11am event and a one-hour 12:30pm event on this particular day.

Eric

I have lost my over the air tuner after I got 6.16. The Offair signal has been lost.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This was on my 722.

Check under the HDTV menu :

#6 -#8 and under Analog type see if you are set for off air or cable. If not on off air change it back and you should see your ota tuner come back.

My 522 has been stuck on the Program Downloading #330 screen the past two afternoons around 3 PM (the guide is set to download at the default 3AM time -- the receiver is always turned off at night). The 330 screen only appears on tuner 1 and can be stopped by hitting the select button. Timers appear to be firing okay, however they are running off tuner 2, which has not experienced the stuck 330 screen.

Thanks a lot Mike D. It was set for Cable and I change to off air. I forgot all
about that setting. I had change it before, but didn't think about it in this case.
Thanks again for saving me a whole lot of grief with over the water tech support.
All they know how to do is read from their script.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)