Is there any way for new DISH customers to lock into current pricing?

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I am currently a DirecTV customer who plan to be a Dish Network (TurboHD) customer soon. I was wondering if it was possible for new customers to lock into the current pricing deals (as I see rates increases are coming).

You can try purchasing all of your programming a year in advance. By doing this you essentially get a month free. I have read several emails in the forum where people have done this just prior to the price hike and they were able to avoid the hike for a year.

That can be quite a bit of money though ... and in these economic times where one might have to make cuts ... if you have already committed that money and you need to cut satellite ... it might be hard to get that money back.

Similarly if your contract is about up and you have had thoughts of switching, it might not be a good idea to do the year thing either.

You can try purchasing all of your programming a year in advance.
I tried that route, but was told since I was leasing the new equipment (meaning I'm not paying any money up front for the hardware) that I couldn't pre-pay for a year's worth of programming up front. If anyone other new customer has been able to do this please chime in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)