Sinclair agrees to carry "Grit" in 47 markets

on kfxa 9.2 cedar rapids, ia. says Grit but shows zuus programs in the program guide. hope kfxa and dish both fix that.

Grit is now live on 22.3 in Dayton. Nothing yet in Cinci.
Yesterday, grit tv joined 13.1 cbs ,13.2 get tv & now , 13.3 grit tv , KRCG Jefferson City Mo .
Today , grit on 30.3 , KDNL , St.Louis , joining 30.2 get tv & 30.1 abc . Happy New Year .

The complete list per GritTV

Grit has expanded into new territories! Here are our newest affiliates in the Pacific and Mountain Time zones. Give us a shout below if you find your city in this list: Medford, OR-KTVL Channel 10.3, Eugene, OR-KVAL Channel 13.3, Yakima, WA-KIMA Channel 29.3 & KEPR Channel 19.3, Portland, OR-KUNP Channel 47.3, Spokane, WA-KLEW Channel 3.2, Bakersfield, CA-KBAK Channel 29.3 & Boise, ID-KBOI Channel 2.3.

The Grit train continues to roll! Here are our newest affiliates in the Central time zone. Is your city in this list?: Milwaukee-WCGV Channel 24.3, Mobile, AL-WJTC Channel 44.2, Columbia, MO-KRCG Channel 13.3, Minneapolis-WUCW Channel 23.3/Comcast 253, St. Louis, MO-KDNL Channel 30.3, Nashville-WNAB Channel 58.3, Oklahoma City-KOKH Channel 25.2, Omaha-KXVOChannel 15.3, Madison, WI-WMSN Channel 47.3, Cedar Rapids-KFXA Channel 28.2, El Paso, TX-KFOX Channel 14.3, Beaumont, TX-KFDM Channel 6.3, Sioux City, IA-KMEG Channel 14.2/Cable One 18, Quincy, IL-KHQA Channel 7.3.

Last, but not least... Here are the new Grit cities in the Eastern time zone. Give us a yee-haw when you find your city: Portland, ME-WPFD Channel 23.2, Syracuse, NY-WTVH Channel 5.2, Albany, NY-WCWN Channel 45.2, Johnstown, PA-WJAC Channel 6.3, Marquette, MI-WLUC Channel 6.3, Albany, GA-WFXL Channel 31.3, Pittsburgh, PA-WPGH Channel 53.3, Raleigh, NC-WRDC Channel 28.2, Columbus, OH-WWHO Channel 53.2, Greenville, SC-WLOS Channel 13.3, Harrisburg, PA-WLYH Channel 15.2/Comcast 250, Greensboro, NC-WXLV Channel 45.3, Buffalo, NY-WUTV Channel 29.3, Lexington, KY-WDKY Channel 56.3, Dayton, OH-WKEF Channel 22.3, Charleston, WV-WCHS Channel 8.3, Flint, MI-WBSF Channel 46.3, Rochester, NY-WHAM Channel 13.3.

Speaking of this deal I have a question because I have an interesting situation in my area.

WJAC, the local Sinclair station was one that had Grit on 1/1/15 as others have stated here.

But once they got Comet and the Nexstar-Katz deal it started getting a tad strange.

Right after Comet launched in Oct 2015, GRIT was removed until Feb 2016 when it was squeezed into a .4.

Yet now WTAJ, the Nexstar station claims they are getting GRIT.

So is the Nexstar deal nullifying this Sinclair deal or can two stations actually carry it?

When I asked WTAJ, they just said, "We are looking to add Grit later. Yes, WJAC will have it as well."

I'm trying to find out if more than likely WJAC will go to GetTV or something or if they will completely drop their .4.

I tried contacting WJAC/Sinclair but they have a spotty response record which is basically a roll of the dice.

I really wish WJAC would add The Justice Network but it seems unlikely and I just don't think I'd be that lucky. LoL

Since Grit pays for carriage, as far as I'm aware, they could have every station in the market carry it if they were willing to pay for it. There are several markets already where Katz networks are duplicated across multiple stations.

- Trip

Since Grit pays for carriage, as far as I'm aware, they could have every station in the market carry it if they were willing to pay for it. There are several markets already where Katz networks are duplicated across multiple stations.

- Trip

You may be right then.

WJAC responded saying they were not notified they are losing GRIT.

So guess WJAC and WTAJ may actually both have GRIT then.

I am just so used to one station losing an affiliation and then another channel picking it up.

This will be the first ever duplication of a channel in my market if true.

with the addition of Nexstar (and formerly Media General), Grit is the second to MeTV in markets launched. Most are between Nexstar/Sinclair....I am very appreciative that Cordillera was able to slide grit, in 9 of its markets mostly in Montana and Lafayette, La. All of those stations hopefully will have either an Escape and or a Laff on the DT4 soon. At this rate, I am sure the media company and Katz are probably working on it already. Grit has some strong ties though, Sinclair and Raycom, then Univision, Nexstar/MG, then Cordillera. also Cox, Meredith, Scripps have Grit on some of their stations too. Grit now is up to 164 stations which is 82% of the households. That covers over 200 million.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)