Sinclair Promises 3.0 Mobile Chips In January

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Sinclair Promises 3.0 Mobile Chips In January - TV News Check

Sinclair Broadcast Group is planning to unveil an ATSC 3.0 receiver chip at the CES show in January that it is hoping will open the door for broadcasters to beam traditional video programming and other fare directly to the smartphones, notebooks and other mobile devices of consumers.

The $3 “software defined radio” (SDR) chips, developed by Saankhya Labs, an India-based company in which Sinclair’s ONE Media has a financial stake, will allow the mobile devices to receive ATSC 3.0, the voluntary next-gen TV standard that the FCC authorized U.S. broadcasters to start rolling out late last year

Sinclair Promises 3.0 Mobile Chips In January - TV News Check

Sinclair Broadcast Group is planning to unveil an ATSC 3.0 receiver chip at the CES show in January that it is hoping will open the door for broadcasters to beam traditional video programming and other fare directly to the smartphones, notebooks and other mobile devices of consumers.

The $3 “software defined radio” (SDR) chips, developed by Saankhya Labs, an India-based company in which Sinclair’s ONE Media has a financial stake, will allow the mobile devices to receive ATSC 3.0, the voluntary next-gen TV standard that the FCC authorized U.S. broadcasters to start rolling out late last year
Looks like that is going to be interesting. I wonder when Samsung phones will get those chips in their phones. I would like to try that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The idea that I think they hope to cultivate is known as Single Frequency Network (SFN) where TV broadcast would look a lot like cellular.