Sinclair Sub ASN a boring network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
July 1 Delta Media Corporation commited suicide by dropping ThisTV for American Sports Network. The owner seems to have the power on both 50 and 32 to add whats left but we sent him what we wanted and Sinclairs better sub Comet was highly mentioned. He said it was a business decision dropping thistv for ASN. Well it has not been a good welcome as alot of people are unhappy about the loss of This for ASN. I have a gut feeling thats whst he'll replace cw 41.1 when that network moves to KALB 5.3 in Alex. Do any of you have ASN and what do you think about Sinclairs fail. Sorry just my opinion..

I very much doubt any TV company commits "suicide" by its choices of .2 in the #94 market.

If you don't like sports, don't watch. Change the channel

I very much doubt any TV company commits "suicide" by its choices of .2 in the #94 market.

If you don't like sports, don't watch. Change the channel
Market 115, its the .1 AntennaTV is on the .2, I love sports but this channel here uh no...but I was getting people's views who have it, guess none of them dont, or dont watch it. Trust me I hardly watch it. Could have put Sinclair's better station comet, but again my opinion. I hope it's worth watching in the future...

Well after 3 and a half months.....I give it a C+ they have made some improvements....if they continue a lot more of the auto racing, hunting, and fishing series instead the repeats ice hockey, football, basketball from a season or two ago I think it will be a A grade investment

Well after 3 and a half months.....I give it a C+ they have made some improvements....if they continue a lot more of the auto racing, hunting, and fishing series instead the repeats ice hockey, football, basketball from a season or two ago I think it will be a A grade investment

It sounds like your area at least does it a tad bit more normal.

What was frustrating here is sometimes Sinclair will allow other sports companies broadcast on their MeTV signal.

So even if you look at ASN's website (not always accurate), check MeTV's schedule on their site (they set it to list ASN games now), you don't always know what will be on.

You might be "treated" to a classic show or have a totally random game on you didn't expect. LoL

Now Sinclair decided to start a new thing "Friday Night Rivals" where random High School football games are Fri 7PM-10PM every Friday.

Sinclair must have something against MeTV and GRIT's signal, because they sure don't preempt Comet.

Though one particular game they even prempted NBC their main channel even though they aired later what they preempted but people were angry on their Facebook Page.

I asked a while back on Sinclair's WJAC's Facebook page but they never answered.

Does anybody know why Sinclair will never use their Comet subchannel for games?

I ask because they will wipe out MeTV, GRIT, GetTV, etc, but they seem to never touch Comet.

Comet I believe re-airs some programming throuough the day, has some blocks of paid programing, and Sinclair owns the entire network.

Is it because Sincair put's clauses in contracts of subchannels they can pre-empt programming any time the feel like it?

Comet in my area has cable carriage and so do many other Comet affiliates. So I know it's not a cable carriage issue.

It seems MeTV is hit the most and GRIT used to have games but it no longer has cable carriage here so don't think they really use it anymore.

Does anybody know, is the ASN Website schedule and TV Guides just constantly wrong?

Sinclair likes to put ASN games on MeTV here and I am getting confusing results everywhere.

Tribune Guide Services claims for example an NCAA game is on 11/19 at 7PM but ASN's website says said game isn't available in my area and NCAA says no game at all on that day is broadcasted by ASN.

Then ASN's website says an Air Force Hockey game will air this week but Tribune claims it won't.

Tribune claims a Barkley game will air Nov 25th at 9:30PM but ASN claims not in my area.

Is ASN this horrible everywhere to find out what games will air in your area?

Oddly the more accurate schedule I've seen so far but normally not until the days in question get closer is actually the schedule at MeTV's own website.

Does anybody know, is the ASN Website schedule and TV Guides just constantly wrong?

Sinclair likes to put ASN games on MeTV here and I am getting confusing results everywhere.

Tribune Guide Services claims for example an NCAA game is on 11/19 at 7PM but ASN's website says said game isn't available in my area and NCAA says no game at all on that day is broadcasted by ASN.

Then ASN's website says an Air Force Hockey game will air this week but Tribune claims it won't.

Tribune claims a Barkley game will air Nov 25th at 9:30PM but ASN claims not in my area.

Is ASN this horrible everywhere to find out what games will air in your area?

Oddly the more accurate schedule I've seen so far but normally not until the days in question get closer is actually the schedule at MeTV's own website.

I gave up with their website. It never has told me that a game was available in my area. There are no ASN OTA affiliates near me, just NESN is considered local. I am glad I don't have it OTA in crappy SD... The games are HD on Directv, but you just have to know what RSN channels carry ASN stuff. I see the Air Force hockey game Friday at 7 on NESN, MASN, and Altitude Sports.

I gave up with their website. It never has told me that a game was available in my area. There are no ASN OTA affiliates near me, just NESN is considered local. I am glad I don't have it OTA in crappy SD... The games are HD on Directv, but you just have to know what RSN channels carry ASN stuff. I see the Air Force hockey game Friday at 7 on NESN, MASN, and Altitude Sports.

Thanks for the info.

Yea, in my case I'm not as worried about seeing the actual games themselves.

I just would like to better know when the MeTV subchannel will actually show MeTV content.

With ASN, Tribune, and MeTV all giving different info, it's frustrating to know, what will I actually see when I turn the channel on.

I really do wish Sinclair would just use all of their Comet subchannels but I guess they don't want to touch their own content.

They used to use GRIT here but I guess they stopped since GRIT barely has cable carriage.

I just miss the old days of a subchannel simply showing whatever the affiliation's schedule was.

Thanks for the info.

Yea, in my case I'm not as worried about seeing the actual games themselves.

I just would like to better know when the MeTV subchannel will actually show MeTV content.

With ASN, Tribune, and MeTV all giving different info, it's frustrating to know, what will I actually see when I turn the channel on.

I really do wish Sinclair would just use all of their Comet subchannels but I guess they don't want to touch their own content.

They used to use GRIT here but I guess they stopped since GRIT barely has cable carriage.

I just miss the old days of a subchannel simply showing whatever the affiliation's schedule was.

"the old days of subchannels" seems like a strange thing to say but it has been a while since the transition.

The system Sinclair has for ASN doesn't seem logical. Iceberg (where'd he go anyway) and I have had this discussion in the past. The schedule is always wrong, always confusing, and usually doesn't work. ASN does show more college hockey than most services so... That's something. Finding it is the issue. Just like any of their content. They have a dedicated OTA channel. How often are live games on there? Does anyone outside the Sinclair control center get all the available ASN games? Would they know?

I guess I am lucky that my subchannels pretty much leave the schedules alone. My MeTV shows ACC Network football games and its hit or miss when any guide shows the game on its schedule. A Patriots preseason game was on Movies! this year and the only guide that showed it was the OTA guide.

Yea is looks like Sinclair is completely confused when it comes to their guide.

The NCAA II game I mentioned before now disappeared from my DVR's guide provided by Tribune/Zap2It and it's saying that day has a repeat of "2016 IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup" instead.

Out of curiosity, how does ASN handle putting their programming on CSN, MASN, and others?

I mean does CSN, MASN, and others put both their logo and ASN's logo on the screen?

I ask because many games will list CSN, MASN, and many others as channels to watch their games on.

Normally, the RSNs that carry ASN just carry the straight ASN feed adding in their local "bottom line" scorebars.

Reactions: RedPenguin
I think I am starting to understand the madness of ASN's scheduling.

It appears from looking at their website's code that they now try and put the vast majority of live games on ASN 24/7/Dedicated Subchannels and various RSNs.

It seems when it comes to pre-empting non-ASN subchannels, they have limited it mostly to Sat/Sun but once in a while Fri.

That's at least somewhat better for me because luckily I almost exclusively watch weekday MeTV stuff and they luckily don't "attack" anything I like on the weekends.

I still wish they'd figure out some way to put the sports here on Comet or GRIT. (They actually did say on my station's Facebook page games will show on GRIT but I have yet to see any).

I just would like to have a 100% complete MeTV schedule at all times, but what ya gonna do?

I know it's already stated here that ASN gets their scheduling wrong, but how can a large company like Sinclair get their listings this screwed up?

Today, Sat 11/19:

ASN Website:

3:30PM College Football

MeTV Website:

12PM-2PM College Football: NCAA Division II
4PM IMSA Racing.

Tribune/Zap2It (DVR)

4PM IMSA Racing (Originally had NCAA game above but no Racing).

NCAA's website claims ASN is not airing any game from them.

Maybe Sinclair should rename my local MeTV to "Sinclair's Mystery Channel" as you have no clue what will air.

How are sports fans or just MeTV fans supposed to have any clue what's on with huge messes like that?

Not to spam this thread or anything but I figured out a trick for those scratching their heads on what games ASN will show on their non-ASN 24/7 stations.

Do not believe ASN's website or even any ASN Clearance Report (PDF) you find.

ASN has told me games will air on my local station that didn't and ones they claim would not, did.

The best thing is follow your local station on GraceNote/Tribune/Zap2It.

So far every single game that Gracenote had in their schedule was correct even when it completely contradicted ASN's own schedule.

Out of curiosity, how does ASN handle putting their programming on CSN, MASN, and others?

I mean does CSN, MASN, and others put both their logo and ASN's logo on the screen?

I ask because many games will list CSN, MASN, and many others as channels to watch their games on.

Yes they do double logo usually. All the games are in HD. Always, at least that I have seen.

I have basically completely given up with ASN.

Sinclair apparently has no clue how to run a website.

2 games that it said would air on my local station WJAC did not and two it said would not did air.

It seems my local station uses Tribune/Gracenote, which so does my DVR, and if it says a game will be on, it is, or if a game isn't on, it isn't,

Not sure how WJAC/Sinclair keeps Gracenote so up to date but they can't manage their website or even "Clearance Report" PDFs.

Wow, Sinclair has finally gone down another peg in how badly they schedule these games.

For some reason they have gone insane with Hockey in my area since Dec showing basically every hockey game they have in my area.

Yet for some reason since the new year started, games aren't even showing up in Zap2It anymore.

So it's basically to just back to being randomly surprised when I expect MeTV and get a game instead.

How can supposedly one of the biggest TV companies do this horrible of a job of scheduling?

Sort of a mixed bag though. I'm frustrated how badly MeTV zooms/crops Carol Burnett now, so it's not anywhere as enjoyable to watch her and other shows on MeTV now, but I still think games shouldn't wipe her out entirely.

Also why are Hockey Games played so late in the night anyway? They keep getting closer and closer to midnight. Fri night's started 8:30PM and ended like 11:15PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)