Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

Ha-ha yes! I do love my OTA Tivo Roamio just for the 4 tuner reason. I just wish i could use it integrated into the Dish guide :)
I have a dual tuner OTA adapter connected to my Hopper 3, a four tuner TiVo Bolt, and my antenna connected directly to my TV using a splitter. So that’s 7 tuners to watch OTA TV, with 6 of those tuners capable of recording.

I have a dual tuner OTA adapter connected to my Hopper 3, a four tuner TiVo Bolt, and my antenna connected directly to my TV using a splitter. So that’s 7 tuners to watch OTA TV, with 6 of those tuners capable of recording.
Nice!! I also am playing around with an Amazon recast which I must say has been doing a pretty good job. 4 tuner model and blends nicely with the firestick. I wish they would look more into a commercial skip, although their skip forward works pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Nice!! I also am playing around with an Amazon recast which I must say has been doing a pretty good job. 4 tuner model and blends nicely with the firestick. I wish they would look more into a commercial skip, although their skip forward works pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Can you store recordings in a DVR?

Can you store recordings in a DVR?
Yes, the beauty of the recast is that you can add an extremely large hard drive as well. The amazon guide is free and seems to work as well if not better than the Tivo. You get guide information for all sub channels as well. I am pretty impressed with it overall. Just that little addition of some type of "commercial skip" would be the coup de gras.

Yes, the beauty of the recast is that you can add an extremely large hard drive as well. The amazon guide is free and seems to work as well if not better than the Tivo. You get guide information for all sub channels as well. I am pretty impressed with it overall. Just that little addition of some type of "commercial skip" would be the coup de gras.
Thanks

Reactions: cummingsje
I have the same. Only problem is juggling all those devices and tuners in my early stages of dementia. :hatsoff

• Wow
I'm surprised to hear so many people need more than 2 OTA tuners. I find very little to watch on broadcast TV, the programming offered really has lost my interest.
It's not that there's so little to watch, it's the fact that all week long there's really nothing on and then all 4 networks plus PBS will have something I want to watch all on at the same time. Plus networks usually don't repeat programming like the cable channels do

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
There is relief for Sinclair. Agree to to put RSN's in a separate tier. They would be earning more money from Dish/Sling, Hulu, YTTV, etc. than they're currently earning from those providers.

Reactions: DWS44 and TheKrell

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Stupid pay walls ... who thinks thier info is SO important that someone is willing to SUB to it for 1 article ?

Anyone have the article Not behind a wall ?

From Sportico, this seems very relevant and probably a reason Sinclair isn't walking away.
article said:
Returning the RSNs to the DISH lineup is seen as a crucial element in Diamond Sports’ plan to restructure its $8.1 billion in debt. The ongoing inability to secure carriage with the nation’s fourth-largest pay-TV distributor is particularly burdensome as Sinclair tries to raise cash for its direct-to-consumer launch. (In a June 21 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Sinclair acknowledged its proposal to issue $500 million in new Diamond Sports notes to existing bondholders. The debt-restructuring discussions have yet to bear fruit.)

During Sinclair’s second quarter earnings call on Aug. 4, CEO Chris Ripley seemed to bridle somewhat when Morgan Stanley analyst David Hamburger asked about the company’s stalled negotiations with bondholders.

“I think it would be wrong to say that [the restructuring discussions] have been unsuccessful,” Ripley said. “It’s been more a [matter] of moving toward a deal that is amenable to both sides. And as we’ve said before, and I’ll say again, we’re not interested in just doing any deal—we should be doing the right deal.”
Sinclair is effectively betting the house that people with a la carte their online service. The trouble is, the only people that might do that would be people that don't have Cable/Sat TV. Sinclair also has to deal with the fact that Ergen isn't bluffing. They know he isn't bluffing. So if he doesn't see this come out in Dish's favor, he can give the thumbs down, and Sinclair stripping all those locals would get the attention of the FCC.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)