Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

There was probably so much flack on both sides and both companies do not want to lose out, they are coming to the table. People still have the power, if they use it. The sad thing is many do not. They just put up with everything. We are paying for locals and need to put pressure on. Is Sinclair demand such an increase, we need to let them know, we will not put up with it. Maybe some of that is happening. For a channel that is free OTA and Sinclair wants Billions of fees is not right. I wish it was before the locals could charge. Dish & Direct were better off and yet the locals still wanted to be carried. After all, the more viewers they have the more ads they sell.

In Michigan during a different dispute Dish viewers called local advertisers letting them know that their ads were be blocked by the station owners. When this happened they settled quickly with this owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why doesn’t Dish just do an Orby and provide OTA to all new connections, and have the locals be optional/asked for during contracting. Is it the price of the tuners/antennas? The extra complications with the install (like the aesthetic of an indoor antenna, or the extra coax run/band pass filtering needed to add OTA to the Hopper run)? Or maybe something in the contract with current local providers that stipulate that they should only provide an OTA setup if necessary?
In urban areas this is absolutely a must - heck I'd pay extra for it today.

DISH, though, has a huge chunk of customers in the more rural areas, so this could impact some of this.

But yeah, by default they just need to do it.

Not sure if things are settled, but the note that dish stuck onto the EPG when you tuned to KOMO/4 in Seattle is not there anymore! Looks like Whammy and I will keep our time together tomorrow. I'd rather see Elizabeth and Whammy than the dish Barker tape given the choice, anyway.

Are those the Sinclair channels that are part of the activity in tonight’s huge uplink report?

The callsigns of the channels that were changed (Popup Removed, whatever that means) are Sinclair, the ones removed are the anti-Sinclair propaganda, and the added INFO channels match the propaganda channels that got removed, but not the actual locals

Not sure if things are settled, but the note that dish stuck onto the EPG when you tuned to KOMO/4 in Seattle is not there anymore! Looks like Whammy and I will keep our time together tomorrow. I'd rather see Elizabeth and Whammy than the dish Barker tape given the choice, anyway.
Same thing with me. My three stations that I will lose took down the See channel 37 when I was watching my local news at 10pm CDT from Pensacola.
praying hands please GIF by HULU

Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 8/9/21 at 2:33pm ET (v06) – 704 changes seen

These uplinks are from 8/09, and are the exact opposite of what got uplinked tonight. So it seems there has been an agreement.

TLDR:
8/09= Popup Tags added, DISH INFO channels removed and replaced with INFO/MESG in various channels (predominantly 37)
8/17= Popup Tags removed, INFO/MESG channels removed and restored back to DISH INFO channels

Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 8/9/21 at 2:33pm ET (v06) – 704 changes seen

These uplinks are from 8/09, and are the exact opposite of what got uplinked tonight. So it seems there has been an agreement.

TLDR:
8/09= Popup Tags added, DISH INFO channels removed and replaced with INFO/MESG in various channels (predominantly 37)
8/17= Popup Tags removed, INFO/MESG channels removed and restored back to DISH INFO channels
Sister Act Reaction GIF
:)

TLDR:
Well done. Thank you for posting.
were not worthy waynes world GIF
:)

Or it could be the temporary agreement is a little longer than a couple of days? If there is a long term agreement, I am shocked that nothing was leaked or the short 2-liner wasn't put out to a media member and we would see something out on the internet. We usually see something leaked before the official press release comes out a couple of hours later. If the temporary extension is something like a month, I could see them taking down all the propaganda, but bringing it back when the temporary extension is almost up.

Or it could be the temporary agreement is a little longer than a couple of days? If there is a long term agreement, I am shocked that nothing was leaked or the short 2-liner wasn't put out to a media member and we would see something out on the internet. We usually see something leaked before the official press release comes out a couple of hours later. If the temporary extension is something like a month, I could see them taking down all the propaganda, but bringing it back when the temporary extension is almost up.

It has to be long term or it would be on the Dish promise still

If that's the case why keep the consumer in agony and go thru this crap all over again. If you're going to pull the plug do it. This is like playing Russian roulette.
season 9 smoking GIF

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts