Single Dish reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KenM37

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Is there a way to receive HD channels in the Northeast (NYC) without using a second dish? I've had Dishnetwork for years and have been paying for HD but am unable to view but a few channels (whatever is on 119 and 110) because I'm not allowed to put up a second dish. Neighbors seem to be switching to DirecTV because they claim it can be done on one dish..

Thanks

KenM

Why are you not allowed to put up a second dish? The Dish 1000.2 may solve your problem. It is a single dish with 3 LNB's made for HD. It may also be a matter of your Dish receiver as most channels have moved to MPEG4 and are on other satellites (129 and 61.5).

Long story but the owner of the house agreed to one "small" Dish. Not to mention the neighborhood busy bodies seem to leave single dish people alone but when you put anything else up they say it violates some ordinance. Bottom line I don't need the fight whether I'm are right or wrong.

KenM

NYC is pretty far NE for 129. I know that here in the DC area were are right on the border of 129 reception. NYC just seems to far to try.

Yeah, my backyard looks sick with two dishs. It seems, in my area, the low income families have dishes throughout each yard and the higher income families do not. All I know is, if Direct-TV comes out with the amount of HD channels they are saying will, I'm swiching. I can't stand looking at dishes in my backyard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)