Sioux City NBC/KTIV STILL blacked out.

docdaddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Birmingham, AL
It's been about a month and no sign of us getting our NBC station back. I can kinda/sorta get the NBC station with an OTA antenna but the reception is variable enough we lost some shows we had set to record (and when we went to watch them, the channel had cut out during recording.)

From what I'm able to pick up from some "insiders" Dish is simply not negotiating. This is a relatively small (as stations owners go) company, family owned, and they've only had about 15 hours of outage in the history of the company. They've renegotiated with Directv, all the cable companies, etc. with no outages, and they've offered what is in line with what the deal is with Directv and all of the other providers, and Dish says Nope and just won't negotiate. They've told the affiliate, hey, we have all the power, we have control of what viewers see when they attempt to view your channel.

I know all of the arguments for and against Dish get posted on here for every blackout, the arguments that Dish should be able to re-transmit for free, etc. But without posting something I shouldn't be posting, the affiliate is asking for a VERY small increase to cover some of the increased charges they're getting, and Dish is playing hardball. Meanwhile, I am missing some sports and shows we regularly watch, and we're very frustrated.

FWIW - just my vent.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Have you thought about "moving" to a neighboring TV market until the dispute is over?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)