SIR-ALP1 with CDA-9805

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeffrey99

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
Hey guys..newbie here...I'm wanting to switch from XM radio to Sirius...I currently have a cda-9805 head unit...bought it Aug. 03...I just bought a Sir-Alp1 tuner...they guy @ the store said he didn't think it would work...so I hooked it up and tried and I couldn't get a signal @ all...If I left it on XM radio when I hooked it up, when it would come back on it would say VCR(I believe)...then if I'd hit the power source to switch thru..it would only recongnize the FM tuner and CD...I reran the cord going into the back of the head unit with the one that came with the Tuner...but I didn't rerun the Power cords...I've read on a couple sites that it would work with the Sir-alp1...but wasn't sure...anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey99 said:
Hey guys..newbie here...I'm wanting to switch from XM radio to Sirius...I currently have a cda-9805 head unit...bought it Aug. 03...I just bought a Sir-Alp1 tuner...they guy @ the store said he didn't think it would work...so I hooked it up and tried and I couldn't get a signal @ all...If I left it on XM radio when I hooked it up, when it would come back on it would say VCR(I believe)...then if I'd hit the power source to switch thru..it would only recongnize the FM tuner and CD...I reran the cord going into the back of the head unit with the one that came with the Tuner...but I didn't rerun the Power cords...I've read on a couple sites that it would work with the Sir-alp1...but wasn't sure...anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Jeffrey

It has to be a 2004 and up tuner. Your radio is too old to support Satellite Radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts