Sirius 2 week freeview for previous subs

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Got a letter today that Nov 18th -Dec 1 Sirius is turning on my old radio so I can enjoy 60 channels...basically wanting me to resub

Too bad the radio got crushed and wont work anyways ;)

Anyway the channels that will be on (per the doorhanger)
1-13
14-19
21-26
30-32
71-80
non music
105 laugh usa
102 sirius xm stars
112 martha
120 espn
122 college sports
123 mad dog radio
124 nfl
128 nascar
129 cnbc
131 fox news
132 cnn
90 msnbc
134 npr
110 political us
114-116 family health
159 catholic channel

If you have an old radio which you canceled and haven't hooked up in awhile that was still getting service even though you canceled. Do NOT use it during this period as I hear they will be sending kill signals to all canceled radios during this period and you will lose the free service that you have been getting (some of you for years) :)

This has been a public service announcement. :D

good to know. I have an old "box" (square) radio from when I first signed up 5 years ago. Canceled it 3 1/2 years ago when I swapped receivers yet it still works ;)

OMG I cannot believe they are going to be giving the Catholic Channel away for free, that's going to convince a lot of people to resub :)

I love the free 2 weeks we get. We have 5 radios, but only one is active in HIFI's van. The rest we really don't need, but we have been discussing turning the one in our truck back on, so I don't have to listen to the same cd over and over a million times. :D

interesting they are not including these in the freeview
20 Octane
27 Liquid Metal
28 Faction
62 Roadhouse
63 Outlaw Country

yet they have other channels in the type of music in the freeview

Iceberg said:
20 Octane
27 Liquid Metal
28 Faction
62 Roadhouse
63 Outlaw Country

They want an additional channel freeview royalty fee. LOL

20 Octane
27 Liquid Metal
28 Faction
62 Roadhouse
63 Outlaw Country

I'm pretty sure that Octane/LM/Faction are uncensored channels(not family friendly), probably the reason they don't want them to be opened up for everyone to hear,I remember radios at Best Buy/Wal Mart not having these channels either for that reason also. I don't really know why Roadhouse/Outlaw country aren't turned on for the preview.

I tried that before...cancelled while it was off. Left it off for a few weeks. It worked for about 2-3 hours then boom...the cancel cycle came around to my number.

Guess it works kinda like the satellite receivers work.

With all of the "deactivated" receivers out there are they really going to send kill signals to all of those receivers at the end of 2 weeks or simply re-encode the signal on the preview channels so it can't be received by the non paying units?

I ask because I have been told by friends that periodically they turn on their legitimately deactivated xm radios and there will be a few channels they can hear in the clear and other times the channels they can hear are different.

I have 4 radios that are all canceled and all 4 of them at last check still got all the channels. (I still have 3 radios with subscriptions.)

This free preview is to get people to put their radios in the stream so they get autohorized for this free preview which will wipe out the old subscription. I guess the preview is using a different special service tier which will go away after the free preview is done and thus will shut off those unsubscribed radios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts