SIRIUS' Commercial-Free Music to be Added to DISH

Great news that DISH will be offering Sirius radio. We can only hope that they can the Muzak crap and substitute Sirius, but that is very wishful thinking. The more realistic option will be that it will be in addition to the current music channels, and at an additional sub cost. There goes some more bandwith. I wonder, if we add a Sirius tier to our DISH programming, will that sub provide for an auto unit as well? We can only hope.

And, as John states, no time frame was announced so the wait may be a long one.

DougE said:
Great news that DISH will be offering Sirius radio. We can only hope that they can the Muzak crap and substitute Sirius, but that is very wishful thinking. The more realistic option will be that it will be in addition to the current music channels, and at an additional sub cost. There goes some more bandwith. I wonder, if we add a Sirius tier to our DISH programming, will that sub provide for an auto unit as well? We can only hope.

And, as John states, no time frame was announced so the wait may be a long one.

Hmmm. I didn't realize it was crap. I listen occasionally and enjoy it, though it ain't hardly (sic) CD quality.

So we are going to lose the free music and have it replaced by Sirius. Surely no one thinks the new service is going to be free. We lose 30 music channels and I bet there's no reduction in the bill.

We'll see. Dish is in business to make money, not give us free stuff.

Anything from the trolls on THIS one? (crickets chirp)

Sirius being added at no additional charge for AT120 and above. Woo Hoo!

Is it just me or is the E* malaise of the post-Superdish 180 (where they bagged HD on Superdish for Dish500 at the expense of capacity) starting to dissipate? Something on V* programming next on the big news release-o-meter?

Scott Greczkowski said:
The Sirius audio IS no additonal charge is you have Americas Top 120 or better.

Ok. That's cool. I take back my skepticism.

And we'll receive it with our current dishes (the Dish 500 I have or the SuperDish I was supposed to get on 12/3 and 2/1, now scheduled for 3/13) ... or do I get to schedule installation of something else?

You will get it from your current Dish. The Sirius Music services will be replacing the existing Music services on Dish which are provided by Muzak.

I wonder if these channels will be FTA (like Muzak is) or will Dish scramble these, too?

That would be sweet for people with a FTA receiver :)

This is good to know as I was thinking about getting satellite radio for my car. Now I will just hold off and sample Sirius at home first and then hope for some kind of discount for Dish customer wanting Auto access

Don't forget you can listen to Sirius for FREE on the Web if you have a broadband connection. :)

Just remember the online version does not have the talk channels.

Check out Sirius.COM for more details.

Also check out SiriusBackstage.COM for info how to listen online without being timed out after 20 minutes. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)