Sirius XM Freeviw for former subs 5/24-6/6

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
got a thing in the mail about a freeview (errr reunion as it says) Listen free to 60 channels from 5/24-6/6

Since I canceled over 17 months ago they must think I want to come back :rolleyes:
Thanks for the letter Sirius...now I know not to listen to my radio during that so you dont kill it. A few years ago when I swapped radios the old one they never shut off so it still works just fine (dont get all the channels though but hey it works) and there have been posts previously that they will kill it when they send the kill signal ;)

Anywho here is the channel list of the freeview ones
5-10
21-36
38-39
47-48
51-53
58-59
66-67
69-72

got a thing in the mail about a freeview (errr reunion as it says) Listen free to 60 channels from 5/24-6/6

Since I canceled over 17 months ago they must think I want to come back :rolleyes:
Thanks for the letter Sirius...now I know not to listen to my radio during that so you dont kill it. A few years ago when I swapped radios the old one they never shut off so it still works just fine (dont get all the channels though but hey it works) and there have been posts previously that they will kill it when they send the kill signal ;)

Anywho here is the channel list of the freeview ones
5-10
21-36
38-39
47-48
51-53
58-59
66-67
69-72

Aren't these channels part of the NORMAL package EVERYBODY gets anyways.

Aren't these channels part of the NORMAL package EVERYBODY gets anyways.

Sorry Jimbo. Forgot to mention this is for folks who are no longer subs (I edited the title a little bit)

Basically XM/Sirius does this twice a year. They "turn on" deactivated receivers for a couple weeks to try and entice you to come back. On the letter it shows my old ESN for that radio that I disconnected when I cancelled my account back 17 months ago. It also shows they'll give me 5 for $25 after that

no thanks...I like using my HD radio. They have a cool classic country station I listen to most of the time. Also have a a 80's station that has a deeper playlist than 80's on 8. The other day I actually heard the whole version of "The Super Bowl Shuffle" on it :eek:

Did the deactivated receiver pickup on the lineup changes? I've got a box I turned off but I'm letting it sit for a while to see what happens.

yep. It took a little bit to update but it updated the channels.

The presets I needed to change (really old radio...the old box one with no remote)

Sorry Jimbo. Forgot to mention this is for folks who are no longer subs (I edited the title a little bit)

Basically XM/Sirius does this twice a year. They "turn on" deactivated receivers for a couple weeks to try and entice you to come back. On the letter it shows my old ESN for that radio that I disconnected when I cancelled my account back 17 months ago. It also shows they'll give me 5 for $25 after that

no thanks...I like using my HD radio. They have a cool classic country station I listen to most of the time. Also have a a 80's station that has a deeper playlist than 80's on 8. The other day I actually heard the whole version of "The Super Bowl Shuffle" on it :eek:

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification !

I also got that freeview thing in the mail. I thought hey cool until I saw what the channels were. They are family oriented, way to ruin a good thing sirius/xm...The lame censoring on fm is why I gave sat radio a try, now they are turning it into fm radio. No good comedy channels offered, just a complete "CLB" rating "Censored Lame boring" Guess they can go take a flying leap!

I have received a similar flyer in the past. Before the end of the free preview, I diconnect the antenna for a few days because I still get SiriusXM even though I don't pay for the service. I cancelled my service in June 06. I listen to SiriusXM because the fm stations around here suck!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Got this 3-mal at Midnight local...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your Sirius radio is now alive with an incredible range of FREE programming.[/FONT]
sxm928_spacer.gif
sxm928_spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Get a taste of everything SiriusXM has to offer by listening to 60 channels featuring commercial-free music plus sports, news, talk, and entertainment. Check out channels like SiriusXM NFL Radio, Elvis® Radio, Martha Stewart Living Radio, Grateful Dead Channel, and much more. All you have to do is tune in to SiriusXM.[/FONT]
sxm928_spacer.gif
sxm928_spacer.gif
sxm928_spacer.gif
sxm928_spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Listen to 60 free channels on SiriusXM and find your favorites by participating in The 60 Channel Challenge. Sample just four or five channels a day over these two free weeks and you'll hear the variety of programming we have to offer. View all 60 channels and print out a channel guide to leave by your home radio or keep in your vehicle. What have you got to lose? It's free. Just tune in to your satellite radio.[/FONT]
sxm928_spacer.gif

I have received a similar flyer in the past. Before the end of the free preview, I diconnect the antenna for a few days because I still get SiriusXM even though I don't pay for the service. I cancelled my service in June 06. I listen to SiriusXM because the fm stations around here suck!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys
Try going 150 miles east if you think the El Paso FM channels suck ;)

Thanks for the tip Iceberg. I have an old old active Sirius radio that was given to me, it still works after 5+ years later, it even updated the new channel lineup and still works. I don't know if it was on a lifetime subscription or just never got the kill signal, or if it's even hot. I still have 2 other active Sirius radios that I subscribe with, every year I threaten Sirius to cancel and get sweet renewal deals to remain. But this year I'm thinking of going back to XM, since an XM radio gets more channels for same price. I had XM long ago but got pissed at them when they wouldn't honor a rebate on a radio I purchased, so I dumped them and went with Sirius. Now they've merged I may as well go back to XM, I still have 2 XM radios (Deactivated).

I also got the mailer, I don't plan to listen to the free preview channels. I left Sirius last summer because the sound quality was so poor. I spent all the extra money to get all the professional install stuff, still made not difference. The only way I would go back would be if they offered HD radio quality. I would guess they will need to do some sound quality upgrades in the future in order to get new customers. After all how hard can it be to offer HD quality channels. It's time to get going with the future.

no thanks...I like using my HD radio. They have a cool classic country station I listen to most of the time. Also have a a 80's station that has a deeper playlist than 80's on 8. The other day I actually heard the whole version of "The Super Bowl Shuffle" on it :eek:[/QUOTE]

We only have 1 station in HD here and it's our NPR station and I don't care for talk radio. Our supposedly "Hit Music" station still plays 90s music and the Classic Rock station got axed a few years ago. The only decent stations around here are the AC station and the Classic Hits station. I can't stand the sound quality on SiriusXM but it's our best option for decent music stations. If only the Music Choice streaming didn't use Silverlight and then I could stream it on my ThunderBolt.

Attachments

• hdr1.JPG
    hdr1.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 193
Just a word of warning... the last time they did one of these free previews, old radios which were unsubscribed but did not get the unsubscribe commands and still received service for free were killed with the last free preview... so if you have an old radio which still works which you have not been paying for I would turn it off for this free preview. :)

We only have 1 station in HD here and it's our NPR station and I don't care for talk radio. Our supposedly "Hit Music" station still plays 90s music and the Classic Rock station got axed a few years ago. The only decent stations around here are the AC station and the Classic Hits station. I can't stand the sound quality on SiriusXM but it's our best option for decent music stations. If only the Music Choice streaming didn't use Silverlight and then I could stream it on my ThunderBolt.

here in Minneapolis there are a few stations. We've got BBC News on the public radio -HD3 station. Otherwise its some of the AM stations on HD2 channels of FM station

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts