SIRIUS XM LINEUP

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Is it possible that one day everything that is available on Sirius will be available on XM & vice versa?

For example, it'd be nice if I could get NHL Home Ice ala carte on Sirius. How about Canada 360 being available on Sirius? Does anyone know anything about this? Al

Also, some of the names of the channels on your radio are not accurate. For example, CNN Headline News is now called HLN. And 184 weather channel is giving sports news telling you on what channel is what game.

They need to get their act together and update stuff and combine the programming on boh system.

XM Canada and Sirius Canada are still two separate companies so the Canadian content on the two will more than likely remain on their respective services unless the two merge.

Is it possible that one day everything that is available on Sirius will be available on XM & vice versa?

For example, it'd be nice if I could get NHL Home Ice ala carte on Sirius. How about Canada 360 being available on Sirius? Does anyone know anything about this? Al

Also, some of the names of the channels on your radio are not accurate. For example, CNN Headline News is now called HLN. And 184 weather channel is giving sports news telling you on what channel is what game.

They need to get their act together and update stuff and combine the programming on boh system.

184 if your talking XM, IS part of the MLB package, starts at 157 (MLB network or radio) with games from 175 to 189.
Not sure what weather channel you thought was there, however the weather/traffic channels start at 210-222 on XM.

I'm not talking XM. I'm talking Sirius. 184 says "Weather" on your channel display. But they don't do weather on there! Now they're doing a simulcast of what they do on Ch. 194, the sports schedules.

If you turn on HLN, it says "CNN Headline" in the channel display. They never update these radios. I'm beginning to think they're a "Mickey Mouse" outfit.

As far as I heard, Sirius and XM HAVE merged in Canada. So combine the programming on both systems and let us have the opportunity to listen to it all.

As per Geronimo’s link, which was last edited yesterday, it is quite obvious XM Canada and Sirius Canada are not one company, but it appears the CRTC will be approving a merger between the two in the future. Hence they have not merged. And just because they are one company, does not mean they can break contracts. For example, XM is the official and only satellite radio provider of Major League Baseball. That’s what the contract states and the MLB is not caving, so the MLB will not be heard on Sirius until the contract is up. Clear Channel content is exclusive to XM. Clear Channel was an initial investor in XM and was guaranteed a certain amount of bandwidth on XMs satellites to broadcast content. The two services have many unique things about them, since a they do a lot that is not in house, and a lot of things are not up to them.

As far as HLN, is it really that big of a deal? CNN just decided to rebrand the channel, after all HLN stand for what? I have a relative who still refers to HBO as Home Box Office, and we all know what he’s talking about. Come to think it, I think the EPG abbreviation on TW Cable here is still HDLNE. There’s more important things to be concerned with then stupid stuff like this.

And I can't say I listen to channel 184 but it used to be weather alerts and a activation channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)