SIRIUSXM Announces New Lineup on May 9th

Thanks Scott for update appreciate it and wish they would combine both SiriusXM channels into 1 but me thinking out loud ;) :)

I just wish I could get MLB on my Sirisu car rdio. What good is a car if you can't liste to the red Sox while you drive.

So very very true.... XM is invaluable in the summer when I travel.

Boston-Strong.jpg

I just wish I could get MLB on my Sirisu car rdio. What good is a car if you can't liste to the red Sox while you drive.

Same here and also NHL Hockey also and we may get it soon and the new lineup changes for May 9th is showing MLB Talk on Channel 89 and NHL Hockey Talk on Channel 92 but play by play would be great too but let's hope it is true ;) I got the E-mail about it this afternoon about the Channel changes :)

Last edited:
Just bought a Stratus 6 Sirius only radio so I could get CBC. With the changes, I am wondering what I would gain in getting a SiriusXM radio.

Since I have a Sirius radio, I wanted to see how that lineup would change. Seems we're getting some channels that were XM-only, and some Canadian channels that won't be added to XM.

For some reason I can't include a link to the new Sirius lineup, but it's on the SiriusXM website at the channelupdate URL Scott posted.

Just bought a Stratus 6 Sirius only radio so I could get CBC. With the changes, I am wondering what I would gain in getting a SiriusXM radio.

I believe having a SiriusXM radio gives you the ability of having everything channel they have to offer, but don't quote me on that. :)

So does this mean that I am now going to be able to receive CBC also? :confused:

CBC Radio 1 and CBC Radio 3 will be on both Sirius and XM starting Thursday, along with Franco Country and Premiere Plus. New CBC music channels called "Chansons" (French) and "Sonica" (English, I assume) will be added to both services on Thursday.

So this means on the 9th of May I will have to reprogram my receiver? I only listen to Willy's Place, Road Dog, and Classic Radio.

According to the SiriusXM website, most radios should be updated automatically. Some radios/packages may need a signal refresh or reprogramming. For a la carte packages, you can change your channels once for free starting on Thursday in case there are new channels you want to add.

So, on Sirius, LaughUSA (family comedy station) moves from 96 to 98 , and the (the uncensored) Foxxhole moves from 98 to 96. So any one who hit the preset for 96, will get an earful of the Foxxhole. I know kids already know those words, but come on. Why not just switch Southern Gospel with Raw Dog Radio? I have no problem with the Foxxhole being on for those who want to listen, but to change it with LaughUSA seems a bit capricious.

What I cannot understand is, if it's one company, why is there not just one line up regardless of what kind of radio you have? I'm POD' that I can't get MLB play by play on my factory installed 2011 Ford Explorer with sync/navigation system radio. Total BS.

What I cannot understand is, if it's one company, why is there not just one line up regardless of what kind of radio you have? I'm POD' that I can't get MLB play by play on my factory installed 2011 Ford Explorer with sync/navigation system radio. Total BS.
Because the one company still has to run two separate implementations of the same technology. Sirius did not make their radio system as "future-proof" as the XM radios were. (Sirius is limited to 128 channels versus the 255 of earlier XM models.) This will continue unless Sirius/XM is willing to either giveaway and convert all Sirius subscribers to XM Radios or leave them behind and piss them all off. Think of it like this. A Sirius radio is MPEG2 and an XM Radio is MPEG4. I feel for ya, I'd be a little ticked off that my radio can't find an entire genre of music (Rock) unless you tune to it manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)