Skew Setting in Pansat 3500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
Now that my dish is working, I was looking at the Settings within my Pansat 3500.

There is a Setting with in Atena for each satellite that says SKEW. For some sat is says 45 for others it says -45.

I have not changed those at all, I left them like that. Should I change them to the skew they should be according to my position (Tampa) for each satellite?

no..I think that has something to do with a big dish is you weren't using a C/Ku receiver

-45 is defaulted for V and 45 is for H (or the other way aorund)

nothing to worry about :)

Kelly,
If you are using the pansat to set polarity then you can use that setting to optimize your skew. While in the antenna setup screen select "skew" then watch your quality readings as you adjust them. Once you have the highest quality reading then exit and save.

Thom, ok, I will play with that tonight just to see.

Now that you mention quality. In my case I am getting to a lot of sats, but some TP show A LOT better signal than others, Like some TP will show 80+% while others may show only 30 or 40+%. I assumed that could be normal. Is it? Or I should be able to get all of TP at pretty much the same signal %?

If that is normal, then I guess for aligning purposes it should be done with the weakest signal, right?

That is what I did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts