Skip back 10, skip foreward ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lazydogmot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
N/E Florida
Hi, when watching live TV, and skipping back once (10 seconds) it takes several jumps forward to get back to live. When watching something recorded the forward jump is the proper 30 seconds. Is this normal with the Hopper? I did a quick search on this and found nothing so if it has been discussed elsewhere, forgive me please. Thanks.

If you hit back 10 just once, it's best to hit the Live TV button instead of the forward 30 button or it will not always go to Live TV. The back 10 also doesn't go back 10 seconds, it's usually anywhere between 13-28 seconds. When I had the 722 these functions worked flawlessly, so was bummed to find the Hopper has problems here.

Yes panz32, I understand that hitting the Live TV will do that but there is also a short (1 or 2 second) freeze of the video and audio when that is done (just as annoying). Never timed the skip back but I'll take your word for that. Still the forward button should handle that, if it is, like it was, 30 seconds.

Hey garys, not to start an argument, but, have had 722 and 722k for years and not seen that.

Yes panz32, I understand that hitting the Live TV will do that but there is also a short (1 or 2 second) freeze of the video and audio when that is done (just as annoying). Never timed the skip back but I'll take your word for that. Still the forward button should handle that, if it is, like it was, 30 seconds.

Hey garys, not to start an argument, but, have had 722 and 722k for years and not seen that.

I didn't say I saw it on all receivers, just on others and I used the model numbers I experienced it on for example. I was thinking some kind of glitch (not sure why I typed software).

Once in a while the skip back does go back further than the 10 seconds. I'll especially notice it after I have PAUSED the video, then start it, and then want to go skip back, and it takes me far more than 10 seconds back.

I have noticed that also DishSubLA. Sometimes it goes back minutes, not just seconds. What I really want to know is, is the skip forward still supposed to be 30 seconds. It does not go forward 30 seconds on either Hopper so I am thinking it is a "glitch" that may be fixed if it is wide spread and Dish is informed about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts