Skip Back Skips Forward!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LDighera

Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
With software release 0x7e4 the Skip-Back function skips forward not backward.

The Skip-Back option is in the Misc. Options section the the Settings & Help menu, and must be specifically activated (search the CE forum for instructions...). :exclamation

With software release 0x7e4 the Skip-Back function skips forward not backward.

The Skip-Back option is in the Misc. Options section the the Settings & Help menu, and must be specifically activated (search the CE forum for instructions...). :exclamation
Say What ?
What recvr are you running ?
I have NEVER seen a setting option for the Skip feature ...
I even checked my Misc. Options just to make sure they didn't add it.

Fwiw, my Skip/Slip options are working fine.

Let me recant that, I'm using Slip, so maybe Skip is doing it, but Slip is definitely not.

Reactions: ejb1980
Between this post and the one about menu shortcuts, I am starting to think there are some freak receivers out there....

Between this post and the one about menu shortcuts, I am starting to think there are some freak receivers out there....
Well, it may very well be doing that, like I said, I do the Slip, so the Skip may be acting up.
I never change mine as I prefer to see what I'm scanning thru in case theres something I do want to see.

Hello,

The receiver is one of those little satellite Genie boxes. Here's the information:

Client: C41-700
Software: 0x7e4 Nov 16, 2015

Server: DirecTV HR44/500
Software: 0xb15 Jan 29, 2016

The software was downloaded automatically, so it's not a CE release, but a national release. However, the "skip" feature is only accessible to edge cutters. Search for "30SKIP" to enable skipping instead of slewing.

Thank you for taking the time to address this issue.

Best regards,
Larry Dighera

Hello,

The receiver is one of those little satellite Genie boxes. Here's the information:

Client: C41-700
Software: 0x7e4 Nov 16, 2015

Server: DirecTV HR44/500
Software: 0xb15 Jan 29, 2016

The software was downloaded automatically, so it's not a CE release, but a national release. However, the "skip" feature is only accessible to edge cutters. Search for "30SKIP" to enable skipping instead of slewing.

Thank you for taking the time to address this issue.

Best regards,
Larry Dighera
The Skip vs Slip feature is available to ANYONE with a DVR.

The Skip vs Slip feature is available to ANYONE with a DVR.
ANYONE who is aware of how to access the SKIP feature; I learned of it on dBsTalk in the CE forum.

Have you confirmed that the skip-back feature has a Corrigan complex yet? 30SLIP will get you back to default operation of the << button.

I am so confused about this whole thing....

Are you saying that when you press the skip back button, it goes ahead 30 seconds?

I only know of the 30-skip forward, which has others have said has nothing to do with CE or anything - you just need the "cheat" code.

Skip back words fine, I use it all the time when I get a few seconds off when I am skipping forward.... I have used the software you have before but now it's the CE from a couple weeks ago.

ANYONE who is aware of how to access the SKIP feature; I learned of it on dBsTalk in the CE forum.

Have you confirmed that the skip-back feature has a Corrigan complex yet? 30SLIP will get you back to default operation of the << button.
Sure, its been posted here Multiple times and is more than likely in the D* threads.

Yup, just found it ... in the D* tips and tricks thread.

Very first one even.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/directv-hidden-feature-codes.352416/

Update: Since this thread was started, I have been making a conscious effort to pay attention to the skip back button. I have had no issues with it - until now. I pressed the skip back button twice, each time it skipped (not slipped) forward 30 seconds. I have the 30SKIP enabled. Then, on the third press, it stared skipping back like it should. I was watching DVRed Pardon the Interruption from today on ESPN.

Update: Since this thread was started, I have been making a conscious effort to pay attention to the skip back button. I have had no issues with it - until now. I pressed the skip back button twice, each time it skipped (not slipped) forward 30 seconds. I have the 30SKIP enabled. Then, on the third press, it stared skipping back like it should. I was watching DVRed Pardon the Interruption from today on ESPN.
Ok, so as the OP was saying, there is an issue with the SKIP. Feature.

I was accidently checking the SLIP and having no issues, till I realized he was talking abut the SKIP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)