skip some shows in primetime?

2ds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
nw
is there a way to skip some of the shows being recorded in primetime?
like all the football ?? also when trying to lock out some stations on the joey,they keep showing back up.mainly what is my opinion way to many sports stations. yes,female here:)

IF you are talking about PTAT feature , you can turn the network off for that day, but you would have to go back and turn it back on for the day you want it to record. So in my PTAT , I turn off Saturdays entirely since they don't show anything but Sports and reruns on networks. I even turned off Sundays and set up just timers for the shows I want to watch on CBS and ABC. Since sports causes over-runs on CBS , I setup the timers with 90 minutes extra for The Good Wife and The Mentalist.

IF you are talking about PTAT feature , you can turn the network off for that day, but you would have to go back and turn it back on for the day you want it to record. So in my PTAT , I turn off Saturdays entirely since they don't show anything but Sports and reruns on networks. I even turned off Sundays and set up just timers for the shows I want to watch on CBS and ABC. Since sports causes over-runs on CBS , I setup the timers with 90 minutes extra for The Good Wife and The Mentalist.

i was afraid that mite be the only option:mad:. i will probably do as you ,as the Mentalist is the one i would want.
thank you.any idea why some channels dont lock out?

IF you go into the locks or parental controls menu, you have to make sure that once you select the channels you want to lock out, that you hit on the far right the HIDE SELECTED CHANNELS ? and say YES. That and you have to hit SAVE and then once you leave that application you have to hit SAVE again and of course you have to have a password code in the system and it should lock out all the channels you want. I do this on my joeys and hoppers and it works for me.

IF you go into the locks or parental controls menu, you have to make sure that once you select the channels you want to lock out, that you hit on the far right the HIDE SELECTED CHANNELS ? and say YES. That and you have to hit SAVE and then once you leave that application you have to hit SAVE again and of course you have to have a password code in the system and it should lock out all the channels you want. I do this on my joeys and hoppers and it works for me.

yep,did all that.
ive locked out stations on all our receivers but this one just wont take.
my sister is having the same problem on hers. must be a joey glitch on ours. :confused:
412,470,475 ect...

I use my Hopper much more than the joeys , so I may not see it happen. But I will now try to set locks on these three channels 412,470,475 and see if they stay locked on my joey. I'll report back in a day or so and tell you my results.

well the joey is in the spare room where hardly anyone watches but company and grandkids ,so i was trying to lock out everything i knew they wouldnt watch or need to watch. ive always liked locking channels out better than making a favorites list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)