Skipping unwanted channels

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have a dish 500, 322 dual receiver and 5.0 ir remote.
I would like to know if there is a way to skip channels when I am surfing, like shopping and ect, that I don't care to see?
I have the 200 channel program from Dish Network with a lot of junk channels.

Yes, favorites lists. I have a few.

We generally learn to pick our channels from the EPG, channel up and down are too slow. Not sure if you're using channel up/down or scrolling thru a lot of unwanted channels in the EPG. If it's the latter, there is a page up/down button at the top right of the remote. It helps. But you'll find setting up your favorites in a list to be well worth your time.

Lock the receiver and lock out the unwanted channels, then the only channels you see are the ones you watch
I highly concur. I have locked out all but 42 channels. This way I never have to see ANYTHING I would never, ever watch, no matter which favorites guide I'm on.

I lock as well due to one problem with favorites and that is when you stay on a fav list any new channel added to the lineup does not show up there until you add it to the list. With Locks, every new channel shows up as soon as it is added, if I don't want to view it, then I add it to the locked channels.

Mine never seem to leave the guide,locked or unlocked. I select them and nothing happens. Must be doing something wrong i guess.

I have the same problem.

Mine never seem to leave the guide,locked or unlocked. I select them and nothing happens. Must be doing something wrong i guess.

Nothing that has been suggested on this thread or others of like nature works for me except making my own favorites lists.

You mean you don't want watch the good 'ole boys selling knives on Cutlery Corner and selling overpriced sports memorabilia on Shop at Home??? What's wrong with you? LOL

Seriously though, has anyone else caught themselves watching one of the channels on a late boring evening with nothing else on? I know I am guilty....:p

You mean you don't want watch the good 'ole boys selling knives on Cutlery Corner and selling overpriced sports memorabilia on Shop at Home??? What's wrong with you? LOL

Seriously though, has anyone else caught themselves watching one of the channels on a late boring evening with nothing else on? I know I am guilty....:p

Last night --- and I ended up buying a Chef Todd cookware set. I'm so weak!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)