Sky Angel Adds TBN

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Trinity Broadcasting Network will launch on nationwide direct-to-home satellite-television service Sky Angel in June.

Dominion Video Satellite Inc.-owned Sky Angel focuses on faith-based and family-friendly programming, and TBN offers 24 hours of commercial-free inspirational programming that appeals to people in a wide variety of denominations.

“We are very pleased that TBN has been added to Sky Angel, America’s only Christian high-powered satellite service,” TBN vice president of administration Paul Crouch Jr. said in a prepared statement.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6338309.html?display=Breaking+News

cablewithaview said:
Trinity Broadcasting Network will launch on nationwide direct-to-home satellite-television service Sky Angel in June.

Dominion Video Satellite Inc.-owned Sky Angel focuses on faith-based and family-friendly programming, and TBN offers 24 hours of commercial-free inspirational programming that appeals to people in a wide variety of denominations.

“We are very pleased that TBN has been added to Sky Angel, America’s only Christian high-powered satellite service,” TBN vice president of administration Paul Crouch Jr. said in a prepared statement.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6338309.html?display=Breaking+News

They already have Superchannel TBN which is a offshoot of a TBN affilliate in Flordia.

Wonder what they will replace? Superchannel or will they actually dump a channel to add TBN?

Well, here is yet another duplication of Dish Network. :( Sky Angel really, really, REALLY needs to be a suplimentary service. This is not the way to grow your subscriber base.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Well, here is yet another duplication of Dish Network. :( Sky Angel really, really, REALLY needs to be a suplimentary service. This is not the way to grow your subscriber base.

See ya
Tony

Hey, we both have something we can agree on.
I figured after the post me and Ice had going about receiving some SA channels FTA, there sub count went down some as well. I guess if you can't deliver, there's other means.

Last edited:
I wonder if adding TBN will pave the way for the rest of TBN's suite to end up on skyangel at some point down the road? I would NOT mind JC-TV on Skyangel!

TBN Launches on Sky Angel, America’s #1 Faith-Based Satellite Service

LOS ANGELES (May 25, 2006) --- Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) is pleased to announce the June launch of its flagship network on the Sky Angel nationwide direct-to-home satellite television service. TBN will be available on Sky Angel Channel 9709.

“We are very pleased that TBN has been added to Sky Angel, America’s only Christian high-powered satellite service,” said Paul Crouch Jr, TBN’s Vice President of Administration. “With Sky Angel’s program package, parents can be assured that what their family is viewing is not only faith-based and entertaining, but safe for everyone.”

“TBN is America’s leader in developing new Christian television programs and special events that touch and inspire people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” said Kathy Johnson, Sky Angel’s Vice President of Programming. “We are excited to be partnering with TBN in bringing America, and soon the world, the best in Christ-centered and family-friendly programming through Sky Angel.”

About TBN

TBN is the world’s largest religious network and America’s most watched faith channel. Each day TBN offers 24 hours of commercial-free inspirational programming that appeals to people in a wide variety of denominations. TBN now reaches every major continent via 54 satellites and more than 12,000 television and cable affiliates worldwide. In the United States, TBN is available to 92 percent of the total households. Its website receives more than 27 million visitors monthly. In addition to TBN, the network owns and operates seven networks, including: The Church Channel, JCTV youth network, TBN Enlace USA Spanish network, and Smile of a Child TV children’s network. For more information on TBN, visit www.tbn.org.

About Sky Angel

Celebrating 25 years since its founding and 10 years on the air, Sky Angel is a multi-channel, direct-to-home satellite television service committed to providing Americans with a faith-based and family-friendly choice in television and radio. Owned and operated by Dominion Video Satellite Inc., a direct broadcast satellite (DBS) licensee and pioneer with corporate headquarters in Naples, Fla., Sky Angel delivers nationwide over 30 channels of quality Christian TV and radio, family entertainment and 24-hour news – the widest variety of Christian-inspirational channels compared to any other cable or satellite provider. A free DVD or VHS video about Sky Angel is available upon request at www.skyangel.com or 1-800-SKY-ANGEL.

Press Contact:
WDC Media
1-877-862-3600
pr@wdcmedia.com
www.wdcmedia.com

dstrouth said:
How do they have room to add this channel but NOT get SPIRIT and the two other missing channels back on the satellite???

:mad:

They are dropping the SuperChannel TBN feed and replacing it with the national Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) feed on Channel 9709.

I wonder what percentage of Sky Angel subscribers also subscribe to Dish network? If it is a high percentage then Tony's suggestion about being a supplemental service should be the way to go for Sky Angel (especially in light of now having 3 less channels).

Wouldn't the Church Channel have been a better replacement than the national TBN. I already get TBN with Dish plus a local Christian station airs about 90% of TBN's schedule.

I will be nice if they will put pack 3ABN and also add The Hope Channel. I believe their subscription will increase greatly among Seventh-day Adventist Christians.

I get TBN on Dish and Directv and now again on Sky Angel. I get the Church Channel on Directv. I would love to get JCTV wish Sky Angel or Directv would add that.

Jim

narnia777 said:
I get TBN on Dish and Directv and now again on Sky Angel. I get the Church Channel on Directv. I would love to get JCTV wish Sky Angel or Directv would add that.

Jim

JCTV is in the 5 SD digital channel your local TBN station offers or can be received on IA5 using a FTA system. I receive it both ways here. I was looking into putting on JCTV on the cable but since I went to Atlanta and checked out the Cable Show, Gospel Music Channel (NOT GMT) will be the way to go. Very impressive new channel, they done some shows there with different artist and I thought it was the best things at the show. web site: http://www.gospelmusicchannel.com/ . I meet Peter Kern with Gospel Music Channel and this man knows his stuff. I am looking forward to adding this in the near future.

I also missed Z Music when it was on G1R (now G15). Gaylord selling there assests to Viacom really was the demissed of it and TNN.

cablewithaview said:
JCTV is in the 5 SD digital channel your local TBN station offers or can be received on IA5 using a FTA system. I receive it both ways here. I was looking into putting on JCTV on the cable but since I went to Atlanta and checked out the Cable Show, Gospel Music Channel (NOT GMT) will be the way to go. Very impressive new channel, they done some shows there with different artist and I thought it was the best things at the show. web site: http://www.gospelmusicchannel.com/ . I meet Peter Kern with Gospel Music Channel and this man knows his stuff. I am looking forward to adding this in the near future.

Have you thought about adding Spirit Television or TVU to your cable co? They are both FTA and I am sure it would not take much to add them?

I have been toying around with the idea of having a Religious package in a digital tier of some sort. For now we are just trying to get things going on the upgrade and offering internet. Once that goes well,we will look into digital services as well.

cablewithaview said:
I also missed Z Music when it was on G1R (now G15). Gaylord selling there assests to Viacom really was the demissed of it and TNN.
i remember z music television and i loved it. remember their saying
z what you are missing. praise tv was cool too
john

cablewithaview said:
I have been toying around with the idea of having a Religious package in a digital tier of some sort. For now we are just trying to get things going on the upgrade and offering internet. Once that goes well,we will look into digital services as well.

Awesome! Consider Spirit and TVU if you do go that route. Great production quality and the channels are not overly preachy so they can be enjoyed by Christians and non.

Best wishes with your upgrade! I suspect upgrading an old cable plant is a pain both techincally and fincinally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)