Sky Angel Forum Comes Home to SatelliteGuys!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Over the past few weeks I have received a few requests from our members for a SkyAngel forum, today I am proud to introduce our new SkyAngel forum!

I am also proud to welcome TNGTony to our staff as the moderator of our SkyAngel forum! Tony was the first person I thought of when the suggestions for a SkyAngel forum came up. If you have been following Tony's work you would see that besides being the Guru of the Dish Channel Chart and the Echostar Knowledge Base, Tony know his SkyAngel!

SkyAngel is a Christian DBS service that broadcasts from 61.5.

For more information on SkyAngel please visit their website at http://www.skyangel.com

Hello all and welcome to the new Sky Angel General Forum!

Consider this a replacement to the old Sky Guide forums recently made unavailable. Anything related to Dominion/Sky Angel business, channels goes. Just remember the nature of this forum and let's keep it civil! :)

Again, Welcome and thanks Scott

See ya
Tony

Wow, congrats, Tony! There couldn't have been a better choice. :)

hi scott and tony, thanks for putting up another sky angel forum. i missed the 0ld forum.now its back. i been a life time subscriber from the beginning of sky angel.
my favorite channels are csn international and the worship channel.
god bless
John

Sky Angel Competition

Hello All, I just wanted every one to know about some interesting things happening in the christian satellite world. First, I am the Chief Engineer for God's Learning Channel. We are on AMC 4 C-Band TR. 21. Also, we just launched OCt 5th on IA 5 D/L 12,177 MHz. Anyways, to compeat with Sky Angel there is a company called GloryStar that is selling systems that come pre-programmed to the religious channels on IA5. They are also developing a dish bracket that will be able to tune in to IA 5 and AMC 4 KU on one dish. This will allow for alot of christian programming without subscriptions. We are proud to be a part of this.

Yes, That is the right GloryStar. Basically, we want to provide North America with a good channel lineup of christian programming without the hassle of subscriptions.

Right now we are being broadcasted by DISH and DirectTV, However it is not nation wide, it is only in a few southwestern markets. I do have a proposal in at Echostar/DISH to go Nation Wide, but because of the SkyAngel incident with Echostar we cannot. After some hurdles get cleared we will be able to launch with them.

mattbone77 said:
Yes, That is the right GloryStar. Basically, we want to provide North America with a good channel lineup of christian programming without the hassle of subscriptions.

Whats the hassle?
Millions subscribe to either Dishnetwork, Directv or cable, millions are also subscribing to satellite radio as well. Subscriptions to television and now radio are the norm today. You must also subscribe to an ISP to access this service as well.
I have found that most Christians are not interested in "Christian" television. I know for a fact that many Christians are turned off by TBN and the like.

Jeff

Why pay for something that you can get for free? Millions of people still watch free terrestrial television broadcasts. I know that only a small percentage of these people know that there is such a thing as FTA satellite programing. The gospel should be free to the people who need it. I agree that many christians are sick of seeing people "Milk the System" and becoming rich off of their donations, however I cannot speak for other religious broadcasters, I can say that GLC does not come off like that. GLC teaches "jewish roots"; documentaries and such, only a small portion of GLC's programming is from popular tel-evangelists. As far as the FTA system is concerned, I am seeing alot of people purchasing this FTA gear so they can continue to watch free TV even after our beloved Comission shuts down all analog terrestrial broadcasts. Thanks for your comment.

Ultimately, it is the people's responsibility. They want to see their "heroes" be radically successful, even if they only aspire to that. Look at the millions thrown at sports and entertainment celebreties. People want to live through someone else.

Another example would be to look at the elaborate churches and mosques of the middle ages, when the ordinary people were struggling to survive. They felt good if their "leaders" were succeeding, even if they weren't.

While I am sure God will ultimately hold many leaders accountable, they wouldn't be able to do what they do without a lot of gullible people.

Brad

If only your system had RadioU Network and TVU Network and Spirit Music Television I would consdier the FTA route :) but unfourtlaly those are only avail on Skyangel or Cband.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)