Sky Angel IPTV Programming III

jholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Central Illinois
Wow! There's not much posting here about the programming on Sky Angel IPTV. Seems whenever I want to post about programming, I discover that the thread is too old, so I have to start a new one. Sure would enjoy reading others' opinions about the programming offered by Sky Angel.

As you may already have noticed, Sky Angel channel 119, formerly Gospel Music Television, is now the Family-Friendly Entertainment Network. I haven't watched channel 119 in awhile, but have had it on this morning. In my opinion, this channel does a better job of presenting southern gospel videos -- better qualiity, better selection, commercial-free, though I'm not sure if they will be able to stay commercial-free. The write-up at Sky Angel's website says FFEN plans to add Christian movies and other types of programming. They also offer a bit of contemporary music in their music video line-up. Check it out - I'm enjoying it!

Be sure to check out Angel 2 (channel 102) for their 25 nights of Christmas programming, lots of special music, concerts, movies. It's nice to be able to check the listings and watch this special programming anytime during the following 48 hours without having to plan ahead and record it.

Thanks for the heads up

I love Christmas shows but what is on the networks lately really isn't Christmas shows because they take Christ out of Christmas.

Thanks for the heads up!

A helpful resource for Sky Angel subscribers is Pisgah View, a website that provides weekly info about guests and teaching topics on various faith programs. Pisgah View also lists movies, documentaries, and specials. Now is a good time to use this excellent resource to find special Christmas programming. I have Pisgah View bookmarked on my Internet Explorer 8 Favorites Bar so I can quickly and frequently click on it, helps me make sure I don't miss many really good movies and other programs available on Sky Angel.

When I remember to take time to check Pisgah View info, then find the programs of interest, I discover some very good programming. I've been checking out 100 Huntley Street, a Canadian magazine-format weekday program that is on Angel 2 (overnight) and the Miracle Channel (afternoons). I'm enjoying interviews with authors, Christian testimonies, and informational segments. Today, I watched a segment about homelessness, a topic of interest to me since I worked at a homeless shelter for 25 years, still do as a volunteer.

If you are a Sky Angel subscriber, please share here when you find a programming gem.

Thanks for sharing! I'm sure I'll check it out. If I stumble across a gem I will be sure to post.:hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)