Sky Angel Letter June 7, 2006

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I recieved a letter from Sky Angel today dated June 7, 2006. I am assuming this was sent out to all subscribers. What got my attention is that it said, "Presently we are exploring an option that might enable us to add one or two channels sometime in the future" What "option" could that be?

They also mention the $150 million needed to launch their own satellite and add, [we] "have begun an effort to identfy sources that will be helpful in rasing the necessary funds."

I received that also.

I think it is wishful thinking about adding channels. The satellite is dying and once it is gone, so is the agreement with Dish Network.

They have been hoping to launch their own satellite since they started so many years ago. They are no closer today than then.

Skyangel was the first with DBS license in the US and they dont even have a satellite but as all things go, there is always hope! I got the letter too! Most of it just re-hashed info we already knew.

mattb said:
Skyangel was the first with DBS license in the US and they dont even have a satellite but as all things go, there is always hope! I got the letter too! Most of it just re-hashed info we already knew.

can you guess how much those licenses are worth that they own and they got for free?

last bid for dbs space was in the billions

When the agreement with Echostar ends, Dominion is once again in control of eight transponder licenses at 61.5. Depending on how E* moves things around they may be interested in renegotiating to use some of them.

There Are Ways

There are a number of ways for Sky Angel to raise the money needed. There are some very wealthy Christians that can donate large sums of cash. There are also many ministries that offer gift annuities. "A gift annuity is a contract between you and an organization - in exchange for your gift of $10,000 or more to support a ministry, they agree to pay you, and your spouse if desired, a guarantee life income based on a percentage of your gift. The rate you receive is determined by your age when your annuity payments begins."

The latter seems a bit dangerous for many ministries to commit to do. Who knows if they will have the funds, or even be in existence, in the future. :(

I know lots of different ministries offer that, but I am not sure I like it.

Brad

Unlike many ministries, Sky Angel actually has a steady source of revenue - that being subscriptions. The gift annuities are like a loan they never have to pay back. They just have to pay the interst on it for a given number of years.

If God wants it to happen, then maybe the $150 Million will fall out the sky. If not, maybe God doesn't watch SkyAngel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts