Sky Angel with BridgeMAXX WiMAX

jlahmeyer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Richmond, Indiana
Does anyone know if WiMAX from BridgeMAXX would work with SA? The WiMAX should be at 3 MB download and 500 Kbps up and hooked up to my home network with the SA box.

Last edited:
I will be getting WiMAX hopefully on the 23rd of June in the afternoon. When I get it installed and running I will let you guys know if it works and how well it works.

my eperiance

My experiance for the new wimax stuff. At least in idaho for Bridgemaxx is. If you get a good signal it works great. The speed is okay and fine for checking e-mail and downloading music and such. They are working on VOIP service but not yet. If you are a hard core gamer that is use to cable or dsl you will probably notice it. The slight lag.

The best thing about it is the small box they have. Unless you are outside that area and need a professional install. Then it is a mounted antenna on the side of you house. Just like everybody else.

Order of service: (This depends on how good Dsl and CABLE is in your area)

DSL
CABLE
WIRELESS (Any type of wireless including the new bridgemaxx)

That seems to be the #1 thing is the small boxes. People like those. Also they are working on a notebook card to for the pcmcia slot.

As for watching Tv. Um well I watched a few things on it but not really just sat down and watched like full screen video. Pretty funny since the place I work at is a distrbutor.

Later,

Josh

Our cable internet company is Comcast running around 10MB so they say, real world around 5 MB if your lucky and it is not always on and it lags sometimes. They are terrible! Our DSL is Verizon and it runs around 1.5 MB at my location and 3 MB closer to the switching station. My brother-in law from Germany was laughing at how horrible the cable internet was here. So I thought I would try the WiMAX thing and see about it.

wow that is pretty bad

That is pretty bad.

DSL for me or Cable is 3mb. As for foreign countries. Oh yes mostly are internet really sucks. For speed and price. The highest I could go was like 7mb dsl top speed. But I'm like 6 blocks from the switch in the small town I'm in. But the price would be like 60.00 and I think that is with a contract. Connot remeber, checked the prices over a year ago. I have cable internet by itself. 43.00 a month. I purchased a cable modem and that is without contract. I was paying 39.00 a month but for no reason they raised it to 43.00. Nice of them. They did it to everybody. Oh and for providers. Um qwest and cableone.

later,

Josh

They had to reschedule the installation till another day because our local installer said they are out of the install kits from Bridgemaxx. But I will let you all know about how this works with Sky Angel ASAP.

Well WiMax is being installed tomorrow at 1 PM. They told me Linksys is bad with WiMax installation for some reason so they suggested D-Link. So I went out a few hours ago and bought a D-Link wireless N router.

Well so far so good on the whole WiMax thing. The signal is good and no buffering on SA. If it stays this way for a month I will assume it will work good with SA.

Well I gave it a month! I have had some issues with Bridgemaxx in general keeping a signal for SA. We live a few miles from the nearest tower and there is lots of trees between us and the tower. But over all I believe it works great with SA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)