SkyDrive to get unlimited storage

This is not WP7 specific. READ the article.

This is an interesting development on Microsoft's part - a way to provide an alternative to iCloud and the Amazon cloud. Intriguing.

This is not WP7 specific. READ the article.

This is an interesting development on Microsoft's part - a way to provide an alternative to iCloud and the Amazon cloud. Intriguing.

It's definetly a good move on Microsoft's part. I got a Windows Live account just to use SkyDrive. It integrates very well with the Office suite. 25GB is alot more than what iCloud and Amazon cloud offer for free.

Let me resurrect this...

I just got a Windows 7 laptop and was fiddling around with it to see what I could do with it when I'm home versus on a trip, which is what I bought the laptop for. After getting a bunch of odds and ends done, I looked at Windows Live Essentials, which led to Windows Mesh Drive, which led to Windows Skydrive. And it just so happened I was looking for something to augment iCloud since Apple changed some of it to get rid of things I wanted to stay.

This is so slick!! On my cable modem internet, everything that goes on in my Skydrive is very quick. Using the limited versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote is very handy and really will be a boon to me since they will all work from any OS I'm coming from. I like that a lot! I know that this thread talked about 'unlimited storage' but I didn't see that anywhere yet. But 25Gb is pretty good too and more than enough for me.

Add to this Windows Mesh Drive. Another damn slick implementation of the cloud services. 5Gb of backup storage for free and it works from my Mac and my Windows box? What's not to like about that. I set up a syncing folder on each machine to limit what I want backed up, some of it is data that is useable on both the Mac and Windows, some isn't. Not a big deal, imo. My synce is set to sync the iMac, Windows 7 laptop and the Mesh Drive. Never can have too many backups you know!! :)

I hadn't really looked at much that MS has been doing, and Windows is still not my favorite OS by far, but this online stuff is amazing and extremely well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts