Skylink Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
After two weeks and some problems with directvs website I finally managed to complete an order for an hd upgrade. My install was scheduled for today for
12-4pm. So I took the day off work knowing I wouldn't get another for nearly two weeks. Directv called yesterday to confirm my appointment.

So today comes and nobody calls and nobody shows up. Called directv and after being put on hold for 20 minutes the rep comes back and tells me she can't reach anyone at the install company. She then gives me a $100 bill credit for the missed appointment and the number to the install company so I could call myself. She said to give them a little longer before I rescheduled and so I waited until after 7pm with still no call and no install. So I called directv back and had to reschedule for August 11 between 4-8pm. By the way, the second rep also tried and failed to contact the install company. Now I have to play the waiting game for over a week(unless an earlier appointment opens up, they're supposed to call) and hope someone shows up then, which unfortunately I kinda doubt.

Anyone else experience this kind of trouble with an install from Skylink or any other install company for that matter? If so how did it work out for you? Thanks for listening!

Skylink is the worst company ever.. I am a installer in Wisconsin and get my parts through skylink and know a few of the techs... apparently they are not required to call there customers with ETA's or anything else... and getting ahold of anyone at skylink...... ha good luck with that always talkin to a answering machine!

SkyLink provides terrible service

What a circus, getting HD service from DirecTV.

Called to schedule HD install about a week later.

Took a half day's vacation on day of install.

SkyLink never showed up. SkyLink never left a message.

Called DirecTV back. Gave me a $100 credit on my account.

Made another appointment a week and a half later.

Skylink called one day before the appointment, left a message saying that they were cancelling my appointment. They then left a note on DirecTV account saying that I wasn't at home, which is why they cancelled.

Called DirecTV. They tried calling SkyLink.

SkyLink finally called back. "You want to reschedule?

Do you think I would want to reschedule a third time, so I could take another half day vacation and they don't show up again?

I'm on hold with DirecTV right now. . .Finally, I got someone on the phone who actually seems to care. . .They're putting me through to the resolution department. Oh yeah, SkyLink said that I cancelled and the reason was, "Buyer's remorse."

SAME HERE !!! SKYLINK IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNRELIABLE...YOU CAN'T GET A HOLD OF THEM, ALL YOU GET IS RECORDING TELLING YOU TO HOLD. I'VE LEFT TWO MESSAGES TELLING THEM TO CALL ME BACK. OF COURSE THEY STILL HAVEN'T CALLED ME...I've had three appointments now, and still no DIRECTTV... 1st APPOINTMENT... They were 3 1/2 hours late. My appointment was 12:00 to 4:00, they didn't show up until 7:39 pm. I had somthing else I had to do, didn't have time to wait for the install since it was so late. So I rescheduled. 2nd APPOINTMENT... They never called or showed up. I Kept calling DirectTV asking where the installers were at? They said they would have Skyink Call. Never did and instalLers were NO SHOW. SO I HAD TO RESCHEDUE AGAIN FOR A 3RD TIME. 3rd APPOINTMENT...Installers Showed up, it's been raining and muddy outside. The installer said he couldn't take his shoes off and didn't have anything to put on his feet. I have a Brand New House and Brand New Carpet thru-out the house. So since he couldn't take his shoes off which were very muddy, and I coudn't let him walk all thru the house with MUDDY Shoes. They left. THAT'S NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. THEY SHOULD OF HAD SOMTHING TO PUT ON THEIR MUDDY FEET. YOU KNOW...BEEN PREPERED FOR THE SITUATION.? So Now I have a Appointment for Monday between 12:00 and 4:00 Will they show???? DOUBT IT...The only thing DirectTv has done for me is give me a $100 dollar discount and $5.00 off for 6 months. I'VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER OF DIRECTTV FOR OVER 7 YEARS. Since I moved, it's been a Nightmare trying to get the Satellite and service back going. WISH ME LUCK GETTING DIRECTV.

Last edited:
Shoddy installs everywhere they go

Installing satellite DBS from inception I haverepaired many Skylink installs. For one thing Slimline dish installs with a ground pole use is a problem . They are not installing a 2 inch mast. They are using the inch and seven eights pole shimming the differance and drilling through the antenna mount and mast then putting a self tapping screw through both parts. Are they so cheep they cant use the proper and approved Direct-tv parts? Someone please run them out of town!Also most installers I spoke with do not have the proper satellite meter to view the 99 and 103 KA signals for proper peaking. Fly by night and get rich quick people make me puke!

All this is nice to know. I'm scheduled for an upgrade to my DirecTV on Saturday buy... you guessed it Skylink. I'm in my infancy of beginning to install satellite systems and tried to talk DirectV into sending my equipment to me. So I could do my first install of the new systems for myself to work out the initial kinks. I thought about calling Skylink to see if the needed additional installers in my area (Marietta, OH and Parkersburg, WV) but from all this information, I don't think I'll ruin my reputation by working for this company.

Anyone familiar with the Lawerance, Kentucky area and DDI (Digital Deminsions, Inc.) I'm working on a contract with them to install for them in my area. The initial contract was outragious, but so far they are making consessions.

Does Skylink install in Southern New Jersey as well?

I should be ordering tonight and hope to have the install done in the next 2 weeks or so. Don't want my first Direct TV experience to be sour even though they wouldn't be the ones installing.

I know this is an old post, but it came up on google and other people need to know how bad this "company" is. Let me tell you. I just got finished talking for like 4 hours between Direct TV and Skylink.... I know when people are lying, and skylink was lying to me. A couple weeks ago we made an appointment to have direct tv installed. Direct tv gave us a 4pm-8pm window because we both work full-time. They said that the installer (skylink) was out of HDTV DVR boxes and so they would send them some so they would have one for an install. We waited today (the day of the install) for a call from the tech. The tech never called but a lady in their office called and asked if we had heard from him. He then finally called us to say he was out of HD DVR boxes. He said he had used the last one on a service call. Long story short.... NOBODY from skylink apologized even though they made tons of mistakes, lied to us numerous times, and generally acted like a bunch of morons. Direct TV profusely apologized and told us "this isn't the way we do business" and gave us a $50 credit on our account.... which does technically exist I guess because we still don't have the service.

Skylink said they only have two boxes for 4 installs the next day.... I said "well shouldn't we take priority since you didn't have one for us today". It turns out the answer was no because....get this.... two of the people were ones they already "rescheduled" on... =O

So I guess the standard practice for skylink is to get boxes to people that have been inconvenienced at least once making sure to inconvenience the first timers. Unfortunately, direct tv has no other installers in my area so I am stuck with this pitiful excuse for a business.

I have dealt with incompetance in my lifetime, but these people take the cake. We are having a child soon and my wife is a HUGE Bears fan... so she wants Sunday Ticket. I told Skylink that if the wife didn't really want Sunday Ticket I wouldn't even have been on the phone with them. The funny thing is, Direct TV really was nice to us, Skylink seemed like they didn't care one way or the other if they made a sale....

If there was any way to get my wife the games she wants on tv I would take it and even pay more to avoid dealing with these low-lifes.

wow skylink was doing that routinely two years ago in wi , when i was up there,i cant beleieve they are pulling the same bs and still getting away with it ,
you have my sympathy!

on the flip side, its most likely not the installers fault, not saysing its not , but every night , i get emailed a route , then in the morning i would get told those two or three customers rescheduled , cancelle,d and i was never told , then skylink would try to charge me 100 bucks for the on time guarantee, on a job they told me had cancelled( thats where the credit comes from by the way, they take it from the installers)

skylink was AWFULL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts