SkyTech 31" Satellite Dish eBay deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
been there . . .

You're in Ohio?
Drive over to Sadoun and avoid the shipping charge!
He might even give you a drive-through discount. :eek:

I've been to the company headquarters and "reviewed" them.
I think I said all I have to say in that thread. :rolleyes:

...Or maybe find a forum member that is willing to meet you half way (for a freebie item) :)

In all seriousness, for large items (like a Dish), buy locally instead of shipping. the price might be worth the 2.5 hr drive

Hmmmm..................If I could only find someone that lives in Ohio that could buy it for me....................I'll think about it ,but i really need a small road trip ,so I might just drive down there.

Mr Sadoun is probably busy with the show in Atlanta this week.
But, he often chimes in here on the forum.
He might have something to say about this. :)

I'd say wait 'till next week, call and see that they have what you want in stock (sometimes they run out), and arrange for a pickup.
That way you'll know prices, have everything ready for you, etc.

You can also check around your local area for dealers, but they are usually not that well equipped and not that attractively priced.

And really, check if there is a SatGuy's savings or something.
I know they'll treat you right. :up

$51 shipping? For just the dish and lnb? I got a whole setup (90cm dish, receiver, mount hardware, lnb) from sadoun and shipping was around $25.

$51 shipping? For just the dish and lnb? I got a whole setup (90cm dish, receiver, mount hardware, lnb) from sadoun and shipping was around $25.
Mine was 31 bucks for a 80cm dish only, and 36 bucks for a 90cm dish, mount, dual lnb, hat, sat meter, motor, signal amp, and receiver.

I won an ebay auction for a Skyview 31 inch dish - the seller had it finish at a weird time, with the result that I got it for about $10 - only one other bidder. Shipping was about $30 to me, probably because I am in the same state. I do use it for G10R, and it works, although the signal is marginal for that sat in my location. Build quality is not as good as a Winegard, but it gets the job done, and came with a decent LNB, which costs more than I paid for the dish.

As described, it was shipped the next day.

The seller had 100% feedback, and then his account was removed from ebay - I am guessing because he was selling clone receivers.

I can't be sure this is the same guy, but it seems likely.

I vote for driving to Sadoun. If I lived only 2.5 hours from Sadoun, I would be there several times a month! When I was active in ham radio, I drove 500 mile round trip just to go buy from a radio store uo in Minneapolis :) It makes for a fun day trip! Then come home and play with your toys :)

Being active or inactive in ham radio might be a plus. Sadoun mentioned that he might have a setup at the Dayton Hamvention in May. Now that is time for a road trip if you have ever been to Dayton for that event!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts