SKYWAYUSA is a joke

Skyway USA is VERY unsatisfactory!!

The post above me is just another victim of this company. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that this service is generally SLOWER than my dial-up service. I have called about this. This problem is that their server can not support the customers it currently has, HOWEVER, there is absolutely NOTHING about this on their website. It should be posted on the main page. They should let people know before they order and waste money.

I was told that the servers would be upgraded within 60 days! I'm still waiting. The speed has been extremely slow.

I recently read the user agreement from beginning to end. OH MY! They actually state that internet service is not guaranteed!! Can you believe that? So, in other words, they charge your credit card for a year, and if the service is down (as it was a couple years ago from what I read on this website) that's too bad. I WOULD BE ASHAMED to even put something so ignorant in a user agreement. The owners of this place should be very ashamed!! Maybe you have fooled several people, and taken their hard-earned money. HOWEVER, I will warn everyone I meet about my experiences with this awful company. I don't want anyone else to have to deal with this nonsense!

Most providers put in their contracts that internet speeds cannot be guaranteed and that they cannot guarantee 24/7 service (in their own words).

I have had problems with the reset thing. In fact I will have to contact them tomorrow and hope they're not to busy or whatever since my dl speeds are very slow right now. And I had unplugged and disconnected the phone line last Monday at around 530 am. After signing on at 12 15 am.

I had just had it reset the just a few days before since I called after we came back from a 10 day vacation expecting it to have automatically reset since I didn't use it for the 2 weeks I had been told would be required to reset it. Since the reset I have not downloaded anything except between 12 am and 6 am. I've made sure that I signed on about 15 mins after 12 and at least 15 min before 6. I didn't get any signal last Sat night and Sunday morning so didn't log on. Since then my speeds have steadily decreased. So I'll have to call again and ask why my speeds are slowing down. I even used my netzero account for web browsing all week and kept the sat unplugged. I really do think having both accounts for me would be a plus because I do like to dl pics, audio books and mp3's. (haven't tried video yet) but if it slows down this much even when I follow their guidelines I'm not sure I'll keep it much past the one year contract requirements.

I love it when it works like it should. I guess I can keep hoping that the phone company may someday connect that cable they put in the ground back in the 90's to my house. I can't get clearwave through my cell company because the placement of the tower is blocked by a hill or to far away. so this was my best option. Oh well, I'll see what they say when I get ahold of someone tomorrow.

NCsouthernbelle you might want to read the fair use policy, which I actually finally found by doing a websearch. I couldn't find it on their web page for some reason. (that could just be me tho) Satellite internet service provider | broadband high speed rural web access cheap It explains how and why you speeds may decrease. it does not say anything about the 12 am to 6 am time when dls' wont count toward your total.

my biggest complaint at this time is why I can't access my account online. I also continue to have problems getting into the email account. but since I havn't really changed my email address to skyway yet that's not a big problem.

Last edited:
wow...so much time has passed and they're still up to their old ways

I am helping a family member get high-speed internet and stumbled across this thread. It is a shame that skywayusa is up to their old tricks, charging for things that are supposed to not be billable, double charging people and not helping with technical issues. I was a skywayusa customer 4 or 5 years ago and went through the same type of crap back then.

simply put, stay away from this company

Sir,
What ever happened with your skyway account. Dod they give you a refund? I sure wish I had done investigational work before I purchased this worthless equipment.

There was a SkyWay USA advertisement in the local newspaper for the first time recently. They are advertising $19.99 for the first three months then $29.99 each month thereafter and $49.95 upfront (after rebate). If this company would do people right then I think they could have acquired a lot of customers at their pricepoint and simplicity of the system.

the only problems with skyway I've seen are :
1)the install is more difficult because delay in the signal strengh read out when you adjust the dish.
2)evenings/weekends have too many users for servers/bandwidth, so service is greatly reduced at times.

Is that no different than the issues that HughesNet and WildBlue are having? If someone has 256k then it gets greatly reduced then would it be no better than dialup?

1)the install is more difficult because delay in the signal strengh read out when you adjust the dish.

not if you use that little beeper thing they send with it, and move slowly. I can line on of those up with 8+ signal in under a minute or so with that little beeper thing they send with them.

ive been a skywayusa installer in se oklahoma now for a year and guess im lucky. all the jobs ive done have been just fine and no complanits that i know off. one thing ive notice is the 8's and 9's signal strength that everyone says is good is actually terrible, i shoot for at least 11.5 ever time as 12 is the best i ever gotten

I have looked at the possibility for years of getting SKYWAY USA but read about all the problems and was even going to sell their product but I did not want to use a product and sell a product with issues. Now there are two people advertising the service (one locally). Have things made a big improvement? I do not see the advantage of the service if you want the higher speeds as WildBlue/Hughesnet looks like a better deal and does not tie up the phone line other than being able to install it yourself and less of a commitment.

I was thinking about signing up as a dealer/installer. But, when the guy at Skyway told me up front I would have to pay $995 for three systems that they retail for $149 each ($49 after the rebate) I decided against it. If you do the math I could buy 6 systems for that at the before-rebate price or 20 at the after-rebate price!

And, then there is the ridiculous requirement that every system I would order would come with the "self-installation kit" whether I want it or not and whether or not my customers would want it. I can buy installation materials for a very good price elsewhere. Why would I want to buy cable and connectors with every receiver and dish I buy?

:cool:

TE, I suggest giving it another look. They offer a rotating stock for the $995, once you sell the first 3, they'll ship you 3 more at no charge, etc.

I also think they'll work with you on the self-install kit.

When I wanted to become a retailer for them they wanted me to purchase 5 systems upfront and at the time the only type of modem they had available was not an external one but one that you had to put into a computer internally. They also did not have a local dialup number. They called me back wanting me to be a dealer for them. I told them no due to the issues I just mentioned plus they required a credit card for signup. Told them it would not work for me in the area. I have read since then about all the problems they have had with their service and people not being able to get out of their contracts. These customers would have my hide and I would be the one forced to giving a refund for equipment and installation due to problems on their part if I would have sold their service.

Supposedly things has gotten better now as I dont hear complaints about their service anymore and they have local dialup numbers and they have external modems. Problem is two people (one from outside the area and another one locally) have started advertising in the area so my chance at getting first dibs in this market is shot.

Due to all of those things, I have not sold their product. I first looked into it around 5 years ago. If they are trying to make you purchase installation kits and all that too then there probably is not much money to be made on this product. Another thing I did not like is the requirement for a one year contract even with a used equipment activation. This is the only company I know of requiring a contract with used equipment being activated. I think they tie the commitments to the account activations, not the equipment. They probably know that there are still issues going on and that they will at least have the customer hooked for the year.

TE, I suggest giving it another look. They offer a rotating stock for the $995, once you sell the first 3, they'll ship you 3 more at no charge, etc.

I also think they'll work with you on the self-install kit.

I install for several companies and when you're a dealer, you get a discount, not a price hike. I don't care if its rotating stock or not. And, I talked with the guy this morning and he refused to do anything about the kits as well. He acted like he was doing me a favor to let me sell his merchandise.

I don't mind paying for equipment, at wholesale!!!

From what I gather, YES it rotates indefinitely from there (NO COST TO YOU), your cash is not tied up in inventory. After your first several installs its all gross revenue for you. Install 3 receive 3 install 3, etc. No paperwork, no invoices, no S&H charges. Call them to verify, I will do the same next chance I see one of them, probably on Monday, early next week.

Before the switch to AMC-15 last year, the technology side of things WAS handled by ISAT/StarConnect until the F-11 hybrid modem was deployed, you HAD to deal with the internal PCI installation configuration which made install times almost as long as a 2-Way system install.

In those days, it only worked with pre-Vista Windows (no Vista, Mac or Linux OS like it is today). While there was decent return in that business plan, the networking aggravation for techs in the field did not make many people motivated though SkyWay USA, SkyFX.US and Cband.net (SkyVision) did wonderful numbers primarily through Internet and catalog sales respectively.

Install times now are under 1 hour. Activations are a breeze. I firmly believe this is the best business plan in the industry for the folks in the field to line up multiple installs for their techs. No waiting on the phone for activations etc. 5 a day is truely obtainable.

Brand awareness is the only thing stopping that from becoming a reality. Local marketing and word of mouth can improve that exponentially.

skyfx.us is shut down now along with cband.net

So you mean to tell me after I pay $1,000 for the first six systems (get three first then the second three) I make 100% profit on whatever I get out of the system and installation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)