Slaving analog to digital receiver - How?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PipeDream

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Picked up an HTS Tracker 4 analog receiver and really beginning to dislike the sucker. :(

Downloaded the Programming instructions from the web which gets me into the "Installation" process okay but there is no option for "Defining A Satellite." LNB is either C/Ku-Band or Hor/Ver. No freq settings or anything.
No MHz settings at all that I can find. But I did finally get some baseball feed on SBS6.

Anyhow, how do you slave this beast to a digital receiver? Fortec Ultra using
RCA connections to TV. Connected coax from IF out of Ultra to Satellite in on the HTS and put the RCA connections from the HTS to TV. Neither one will work like that...anyone know how to do this?

I am watching the Analog baseball on SBS6! I think you have it slaved OK using coax, LNB output of digital Fortec Ultra to LNB in on analog box. But I think you may have to run individual RCA cables to the TV from each receiver.
And remember you are stuck on whatever polarity the digital receiver is on.

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to slave it then. Can't get anything slaving to Ultra IF Output and HTS RCA conections to TV. Doesn't seem that adding RCA from Ultra to TV would help the HTS. Not able to do that either.

Only way I got it to work so far was disconnecting Ultra and hooking HTS up
there instead. Bummer. :(

Also, only "Polarity" option I see on the HTS Tracker 4 is "Timed" or "On."
Doesn't seem to have much of a menu at all. I can delete a satellite, but
no way to add one. Instructions say find "Defining A Satellite" option, but there is none. I think I need to find a receiver w/better menu.

havent worked with this one ever

I slave my Toshiba to my Pansat. The Pansat has a loop out that I use Coax cable to the input of the Toshiba

Whatever polarity the Pansat is on, the Toshiba follows. If the Pansat is off, it deafults to H polarity

I've never messed with C-Band before. This HTS Tracker 4 just seemed to complicated for me without specific user/installation manual. Perhaps without
a rotor hooked up...heck, I just don't know.

But hey, I received the 99¢ + $12.95 shipping receiver I blindly bought off
*bay. Old timey little box. SIMPLE! It is a "Video Plus" C/Ku-Band analog receiver with a C/Ku switch in back. A Ver/Hor switch on front. Two tuning knobs. No hidden menu...no menu at all. Nothing complicated here. Pointed
dish at SBS 6 and got baseball and basketball feeds. I bet I can slave this sweety to my Ultra too. :D

As for the Tracker IV, I have a Tracker V sitting at home. I might read the manual to see how to get it to work on KU band :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)