How to record - GT Media V7 S5X

electronmini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Now back in Texas
I just got this Sat receiver and works perfectly as FTA set now on 125W with all the PBs channels with 90+ signal strength and 60+ of signal quality.
However when I try to record and set the DVR or any other option related to Recording just freezes 100% and only way to get it back working is to pull the power supply off. Then starts again normally.
I re-scanned again and when trying only to user the RECORD option just seems that it does not get any signal for the particular transponder that I can watch perfectly if I go to just watch that channels on this transponder.
See pictured attached.
The instruction manual does not address the recording features or procedures at all.
Does anyone with a manual or knowing the problem can help me with this?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5488.JPG
    IMG_5488.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5487.JPG
    IMG_5487.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_E5483.JPG
    IMG_E5483.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 106
From your second picture “Record” I don’t see where you are getting a signal quality. No signal means nothing to record. Maybe this locks it up?? I don’t know so I’m just guessing.

Reactions: electronmini
I just got this Sat receiver and works perfectly as FTA set now on 125W with all the PBs channels with 90+ signal strength and 60+ of signal quality.
However when I try to record and set the DVR or any other option related to Recording just freezes 100% and only way to get it back working is to pull the power supply off. Then starts again normally.
I re-scanned again and when trying only to user the RECORD option just seems that it does not get any signal for the particular transponder that I can watch perfectly if I go to just watch that channels on this transponder.
See pictured attached.
The instruction manual does not address the recording features or procedures at all.
Thanks
From your other thread you said you were using a "stick",possibly not compatible, maybe needs formatting.I have an older V7 that I use an external hard drive with that has to be formatted.I never tried it with a stick.

Reactions: FTA4PA
electronmini This is their forum, perhaps it needs a firmware upgrade:

Code:
https://www.freesat.cn/forum/
Hum....how do I do that?
From your other thread you said you were using a "stick",possibly not compatible, maybe needs formatting.I have an older V7 that I use an external hard drive with that has to be formatted.I never tried it with a stick.
Thanks, The stick seemed to me OK in the PC, so I assumed the GT Media would recognize or ask me to Format.
Do you know what parameters your hard disc is set to? I have an external HD and will try that too.
Thank you.

From your second picture “Record” I don’t see where you are getting a signal quality. No signal means nothing to record. Maybe this locks it up?? I don’t know so I’m just guessing.
Yes, I noticed that too, but without any changes I go to the main screen and the channel is playing very nicely with 60-70% signal quality.
I guess I will have to try a software update at this point or just give up the recording feature.
Thank you

See pictured attached.
Thanks

Not familiar with that receiver but I noticed that your pictures show two different transponders. The first shows the channels being viewable on 12183 V 30001 but you are selecting 12083 H 30001 for your recording attempt? Did you select 12083 by mistake?

Hum....how do I do that?

Thanks, The stick seemed to me OK in the PC, so I assumed the GT Media would recognize or ask me to Format.
Do you know what parameters your hard disc is set to? I have an external HD and will try that too.
Thank you.
Like I said ,I have an older V7 and the menus are different but,somewhere in yours there should be an option to format HDD.Mine is under "Storage Format"but I don't see that in your list.You'll have to go looking for it,also be aware that not all receivers like all hard drives,YMMV(your mileage may vary),file type should be NTFS.
Once you get the box to talk to the HDD or stick,record from either the REC button on the remote or set a timer from the timer button.

Not familiar with that receiver but I noticed that your pictures show two different transponders. The first shows the channels being viewable on 12183 V 30001 but you are selecting 12083 H 30001 for your recording attempt? Did you select 12083 by mistake?
It was as my receiver picked it up from a blind scan.
I noticed that also and tryied to match both but cannot remember what happened but for sure did not work.
But I can watch the channels perfectly wit Sig. Strength 99+ and Sig. Qual, 70+ and when I swap screen get not signal regardless of the transponder.
I am trying to register and figure out how to do software update. I have not yet gotten my account approved. Working on that. At 83+ nothing is easy !!!!
Also stressed out with the property I was buying in Caldwell TX had to be scrapped. Someone did not want to sign my easement access since is on a Private Road, land locked land cannot be sold.

See pictured attached.
Thanks
It was as my receiver picked it up from a blind scan.
I noticed that also and tryied to match both but cannot remember what happened but for sure did not work.
But I can watch the channels perfectly wit Sig. Strength 99+ and Sig. Qual, 70+ and when I swap screen get not signal regardless of the transponder.
I am trying to register and figure out how to do software update. I have not yet gotten my account approved. Working on that. At 83+ nothing is easy !!!!
Also stressed out with the property I was buying in Caldwell TX had to be scrapped. Someone did not want to sign my easement access since is on a Private Road, land locked land cannot be sold.
I tried several times to crate an account and they never send me to validation email with link.
I am sumo good that to re-flash my software I would need to download a file on a memory stick then insert it in the GTMedia 7S5x and some use one option (which one) to update.
Is there any member in this forum that may already have the file and email it to me with some instructions on how to proceed from there. At 83 nothing is easy for me anymore, but I am always willing to try.
Thanks
On top of that I meesed up my dish setting and lost the sat 125W AMC21. (Old age )
One more: forgot in which directo to rotate my LNB looking from the dish side. I bought and changed for a new LNB and forgot to take note of the rotación. It was working before with old LNB. Now nothing works, back to zero….old age !!!!!

Like I said ,I have an older V7 and the menus are different but,somewhere in yours there should be an option to format HDD.Mine is under "Storage Format"but I don't see that in your list.You'll have to go looking for it,also be aware that not all receivers like all hard drives,YMMV(your mileage may vary),file type should be NTFS.
Once you get the box to talk to the HDD or stick,record from either the REC button on the remote or set a timer from the timer button.
Good info. I will format to NTSF. But I have not been able to. creat an account to download flashing file. They do not send me me the confirmation link on freeSat

I tried several times to crate an account and they never send me to validation email with link.
I am sumo good that to re-flash my software I would need to download a file on a memory stick then insert it in the GTMedia 7S5x and some use one option (which one) to update.
Is there any member in this forum that may already have the file and email it to me with some instructions on how to proceed from there. At 83 nothing is easy for me anymore, but I am always willing to try.
Thanks

What firmware version is currently installed on your receiver? As I said previously I don't use this receiver but I just went to the link for the forum in post 2 above and looked for your model. As far as I can tell you do not need to have an actual account to download their firmware. Just click on the link for the .zip file and the download will start. Newest version I saw was V452_20220224 so if yours is already that I'm thinking it is already the most recent.