Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I have a Slime line with 5LNBs and would like to try and set it up. I am mostly interested in checking out the channels on the 101. Can some one give me the EL / AZ & specially the Tilt? I am in Brea, CA zip 92821. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have a Slime line with 5LNBs and would like to try and set it up. I am mostly interested in checking out the channels on the 101. Can some one give me the EL / AZ & specially the Tilt? I am in Brea, CA zip 92821. Thanks.

If you plug in your rec. it should give you the most accurate info as to elev. and azmith and tilt required.

There are also websites that will do it as well.

If I find one, I'll post it.

edit:
Here's one:
http://www.dishpointer.com/

Hi All,

Did you mean to post this as FTA?

The Slimline uses a circular LNB - you will need a linear LNB for most of what is considered FTA. You certainly could modify the dish to do linear, but I'm not sure that FTA is what you are really looking for.

Here is a link to "the list" which will show you what is on 101. Most are pay service.

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

Welcome to the forum.

This thread probably should have been posted in FTA section - if a MOD wants to move that would be great. I am new to all this stuff but have some idea.

Thanks to the both of you. But I acquired a Coolsat STB and advised I can use for open channels. And, this STB does not give EL, AZ & Tilt. I basically want to take adantage of the 4th lnb on this dish for the open channels on sat 101.

I believe this dish is aligned with the 110 first ( yet I read in a thread that it is aligned with the 101 first - confusing). I can get the EL & AZ for my area, but then I need the tilt and to fine tune using the extra bolts. It is the tilt and fine tuning that is throwing me off. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

There isn't much open on sat 101, what channels are you trying to get with the coolsat?

As for aim, you can aim it right to 101, no need to shoot for 110.

There isn't much open on sat 101, what channels are you trying to get with the coolsat?

As for aim, you can aim it right to 101, no need to shoot for 110.

Well when I did a search I discovered that the 101 sat ( AMC 4) has plenty of open religious channels, some of which I am interested in. I thought you needed to point to the 110 first becuase it is the middle LNB of the 5 LNBs. And then I thought you needed to tilt the dish to hit the 101 - the LNB that is furthest to the left.

What you are saying then is that i can point and align dish as if i am going to hit 101 sat even though LNB is not in the center?

The AU9 Slimline dish is aligned with the 101 sat (the middle large 3 LNB assembly (used for 99, 101, and 103)). The other two LNB assemblies are for 110 and 119.

You can't use the LNB on the Slimline to receive AMC4 as it is the wrong LNB (linear vs circular polarization). But, dishpointer.com is where you need to go to find out your aiming values. So, use those LNBs to find 101 and then replace it with a iinear LNB. (Maybe)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR22-100 Update disabled remotes on 2 of 3 units?

DirecTV 6/9/2009 Software Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)