Slimline 5lnb dish installation details

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmathis

Original poster
Cutting Edge
Sep 13, 2007
Could someone please tell me where I could get detailed directions for setting up and aligning the Slimline dish for a roof mount install? I believe I have some serious issues with my roof mount. I found out that if I put just a little pressure upwards on the mounting tube, the dish goes out of alignment, and I noticed that the metal rings at the top of the 2 roof support legs that are around the support tube aren't even gripping the tube enough to hold it steady, thus allowing the whole thing to flex. So I would like to start from square one and fix this poor installation that I got from Direct. So, some detailed instructions would be very helpful since I didn't get any with equipment.

Could someone please tell me where I could get detailed directions for setting up and aligning the Slimline dish for a roof mount install? I believe I have some serious issues with my roof mount. I found out that if I put just a little pressure upwards on the mounting tube, the dish goes out of alignment, and I noticed that the metal rings at the top of the 2 roof support legs that are around the support tube aren't even gripping the tube enough to hold it steady, thus allowing the whole thing to flex. So I would like to start from square one and fix this poor installation that I got from Direct. So, some detailed instructions would be very helpful since I didn't get any with equipment.
Installation videos are available on www.solidsignal.com
Videos http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/at9_install_videos.asp
Manual http://www.solidsignal.com/manuals/Slimline_Dish_Installation_Manual.pdf

Last edited:
I noticed that the metal rings at the top of the 2 roof support legs that are around the support tube aren't even gripping the tube enough to hold it steady, thus allowing the whole thing to flex.

those things suck. i take the rings off, save the nut and bolt, drill hole through the mast where it bends and attach the mono poles.

Thanks vurbano, that's exactly what I was looking for. I fixed the mast from moving around, the Direct installer had both retention rings (clamps) on the support mast right in the bend of the mast, which is smaller in diameter and the ring would not hold tight enough on the mast, so I moved one up right under the dish mtg bracket, and the other one just below the bend. Seems to be holding good now. I can't believe they put it up that way. Plus mast was not plumb, I fixed that also. I have a lot better signal level now, but still nothing on 498 but black screen???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)