SlimLine AU9 Dish Cover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bosco10021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
At the beach
Has anyone been able to find a dish cover (weather cover) for the new Slim Line AU9 ?

I had on for my 3 LNB and it really helped with snow build up on the dish.

Now that I am in the process of installing the new Slim Line dish I would like to find one for it.

I have looked but no luck yet.

Thanks for finding this for me, I had no such luck.

Just placed my order.
-----------------
Ur welcome...I was not sure if the slimline was in stock or not//front page ad
indicated it was, but order page said out of stock....hope you get it OK.:)

Has anyone been able to find a dish cover (weather cover) for the new Slim Line AU9 ?

I had on for my 3 LNB and it really helped with snow build up on the dish.

Now that I am in the process of installing the new Slim Line dish I would like to find one for it.

I have looked but no luck yet.

Anyone else have experience with these covers? Are they really beneficial? TIA

Anyone else have experience with these covers? Are they really beneficial? TIA

My experience is purely physical--they are GAWDAWFULUGLY. The picture on the vendor's website is NOT a slimline dish. The slimline is huge--much bigger than the one shown--and that silver gunnysack over it isn't going to make it look any smaller.

Why is it that snow can accumulate on a nearly vertical smooth surface, but it won't accumulate on a rough, irregular horizontal surface? I fail to see what benefit it offers. Logic says it will make matters worse, not better.

I located my dish outside of a closet window overlooking my garage roof. Maybe two or three times in a winter I have had to remove snow from it. Open window, spray with windshield deicer and the ice melts and falls off it.

I realize this solution isn't available to most, but I'm sorry, a dish is ugly enough without putting a bag over it.

My experience is purely physical--they are GAWDAWFULUGLY. The picture on the vendor's website is NOT a slimline dish. The slimline is huge--much bigger than the one shown--and that silver gunnysack over it isn't going to make it look any smaller.

Why is it that snow can accumulate on a nearly vertical smooth surface, but it won't accumulate on a rough, irregular horizontal surface? I fail to see what benefit it offers. Logic says it will make matters worse, not better.

I located my dish outside of a closet window overlooking my garage roof. Maybe two or three times in a winter I have had to remove snow from it. Open window, spray with windshield deicer and the ice melts and falls off it.

I realize this solution isn't available to most, but I'm sorry, a dish is ugly enough without putting a bag over it.

I agree,
I use a broom, when nessasary.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)