Slimline Install problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sandy222

Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
I just installed the slimline 5 lnb but can't pick up any signal. I had my friend come over (who had installed his own) to help and no matter what we do we can't pick up any satellite. Usually by swinging it you can pick up something. Is it possible the lnb is faulty. He did notice that the screws on one of the lnb mounts were scratched up. Any suggestions and if it is the lnb where can I pick one up. Thanx

You had the tilt and elevation set very precisely, and the mount perfectly level, right? Swinging it around slowly works fine in one direction, azimuth, only. Everything else should be pre-set.

If the pole is plum 90 degrees, you set tilt and elev using the hr20 correctly and you cant swing it into the proper azimuth to get a picture Id guess it could be your lnb. Also, what dvr are you using? Is it a new HR20? Ive had a couple of HR20's with bad tuners out of the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)