Slimline installation problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Geoff last

Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I have an HR21 receiver and a Slimline 5 LNB dish which I recently installed. When i ran the satellite setup, I get good(96-98) reception on satellites 101, 103, 110 and 119, but not on 99(b). I cannot get above 42% on 99(b). Can anyone offer any advice? Does anyone know what channels are on this sateliite? Thanks.

I have an HR21 receiver and a Slimline 5 LNB dish which I recently installed. When i ran the satellite setup, I get good(96-98) reception on satellites 101, 103, 110 and 119, but not on 99(b). I cannot get above 42% on 99(b). Can anyone offer any advice? Does anyone know what channels are on this sateliite? Thanks.

The 99 sat is a spot beam satellite. Depending upon where you are, you may not be receiving any programming from that sat. Are you getting all of the channels you are supposed to?

The 99 sat is a spot beam satellite. Depending upon where you are, you may not be receiving any programming from that sat. Are you getting all of the channels you are supposed to?

Thanks for your help. I am certainly getting all the local channels I should be getting(I understand they are on 103). Everything seemed fine, but then I upgraded my Sunday Ticket to HD(I was getting Sunday ticket fine) but am getting 721 messages on these channels(730-740), so I wondered if that was my problem?

The 99 sat is a spot beam satellite. Depending upon where you are, you may not be receiving any programming from that sat.

To elaborate a little more on that, DTV doesn't use either the 99 or the 103 at full capacity yet, and rarely do they use both of them simaltaneously. The way we've been told at my HSP is that the 99 is used primarily for weekends when there is a heavy HD data load/high bandwidth traffic due to more major sporting events on the weekends. They'll fire up the 99 for the weekend to help with the increase in HD sporting events then crank it back down during the week. I do know for certain they don't use both the 103 and the 99 simaltaneously very often. Hope that helps a little. Nothing wrong with your box it sounds like. ^^

Not true; both are in use at exactly the same time, all the time. Both are spot beam only birds used for HD LIL and DMAs are located on one or the other, not both obviously. BUT the fact remains they are both perfectly active and in use 24/7; together.

To elaborate a little more on that, DTV doesn't use either the 99 or the 103 at full capacity yet, and rarely do they use both of them simaltaneously. The way we've been told at my HSP is that the 99 is used primarily for weekends when there is a heavy HD data load/high bandwidth traffic due to more major sporting events on the weekends. They'll fire up the 99 for the weekend to help with the increase in HD sporting events then crank it back down during the week. I do know for certain they don't use both the 103 and the 99 simaltaneously very often. Hope that helps a little. Nothing wrong with your box it sounds like. ^^

Could that be because those channels are off-season right now?
They are indeed offseason and not on the guide, my problem was the last three weeks of the season when I should have got it, called DirecTV customer service, they repinged it, but nothing. I thought it might be because I wasn't getting 99, but seem to have my doubts now. I may have to wait until September to see if I have this problem again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts