Sling adapter and heat from the Hopper

Gobucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Ohio
Hello,

I recently had a Sling adapter go bad on me. I tried it in both Hoppers and in every USB port and nothing. Customer service sent me out a new one and it's up and running. Does the heat from the Hopper effect the Sling adapter? I have no idea why the one I had went bad but I noticed a lot of heat coming from my Hoppers.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on keeping the heat off the sling adapter? I would greatly appreciate it. By the way customer service was great they got me out a new sling adapter and gave me the sports pack for 1/2 off for 6 months. Still loving Dish!

Well I guess no one has dealt with The hoppers heat and a sling adapter. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

I dunno, one of my Sling Adapters died that was out in the open, another is in an entertainment cabinet with only an opening on the front, gets pretty warm in there, but it's still going strong. So I never really worried about it, as long as the receiver is running cool enough.

Well I don't know if the heat kills them, but you don't really have a choice with the short usb cable. I have gone through 2 of the sling adapters. My first one lasted right at a year then died, my second one was working fine when I replaced it with the hopper with sling.

All that info helps. I guess it's a give and take deal. Use it till it dies. Thanks guys!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts