sling adapter and the ipad

Dr Pepper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Bowling Green KY
When I ordered this thing the other day, I asked the dish rep specifically if I could watch tv on my ipad now with it. And I got a yes. Now I am hearing that you cant??? I feel the first holiday return coming on.

When I ordered this thing the other day, I asked the dish rep specifically if I could watch tv on my ipad now with it. And I got a yes. Now I am hearing that you cant??? I feel the first holiday return coming on.

or instead, doing a bit of research first to find out what you need to do...

Dr Pepper said:

It works great on the iPad.

Never believe a csr as the only have scripts to go off of. ;)

Do a search in the App store on your ipad for: Dish Remote Access

Uninstall any other Dish Apps you may have previously installed. This is the one you need to watch slang adapter in compatibility mode. The full ipad app is not yet out. It is unknown whether this app will work with Sling Adapter, just that it is said to work with Sling HD Pro and Sling Solo.

Do a search in the App store on your ipad for: Dish Remote Access

Uninstall any other Dish Apps you may have previously installed. This is the one you need to watch slang adapter in compatibility mode. The full ipad app is not yet out. It is unknown whether this app will work with Sling Adapter, just that it is said to work with Sling HD Pro and Sling Solo.

I have the "dish remote access for ipad"app. Just to be sure i deleted it and re installed. Still no live tv

EDIT: I finally get what your saying. You have to have the iphone app. Sorry im just slow. It sux to have to zoom tho. Degrades the picture.

Last edited:
Dr Pepper said:
Scott,

If it works great on the ipad, it doesnt here on mine. Im sure i am probably just missing something but i cant watch tv or my dvr recordings. If you could give me some direction it would be appreciated :)

Ok I downloaded the iPhone app and the live tv works pretty well. When I chose a recorded Dvr program it says ... Activating.... Optimizing.... And then goes back to live tv. Any suggestions here?

Thanks

That was my problem. Before using i-Pad with Remote Access I turn on Dual mode on my 722, this works for me. Note, when done with Remote Access, you must hit the Dual Mode button on 722 in order to have Pip use, the blue Dual mode light will not be lit after leaving remote access, but it is still in Dual mode.
Dan

lakebum431 said:
Hopefully they get the DRA iPad app updated soon!

When I talked to dish yesterday the rep said it would be updated in 2 or3 days. That translates to 2 or 3 months lol Just like the update for the local weather that never happened.

When I talked to dish yesterday the rep said it would be updated in 2 or3 days. That translates to 2 or 3 months lol Just like the update for the local weather that never happened.

No, it will be sooner then that. Once they submit an app, it enters Apple approval limbo which can take a day or two to a week or so. And having to wait until the delayed iOS 4.2 was out didn't help either. There hasn't been any app updates since Wednesday which leads me to believe that the people at Apple that manage the App Store got the entire holiday weekend off.

(I just read the rest of the thread) - You want the Remote Access for iPad app installed if you want the free streaming. Scott has the SlingPlayer for iPad app that was released earlier this week, but costs you $30 as it is the official app for Slingboxes. It does work with the 922, but it's not the official DISH solution since it uses the dish.sling.com login and not your DISH account login like the iphone app.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts