Gradual loss of satellite signal on one receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

derekcentrico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Florida
We have two receivers. One, a VIP211, has gradually lost signal to the satellites. It first started yesterday when i couldn't watch Animal Planet and some other channels with an error 002. Now, I can't watch anything really. Out of the four satellites in the System Info, it can only get signal to 110.

The other receiver gets full signal to all satellites.

I've reset it and ran the Check Switch test. It always fails.

Any thoughts?

Well, I ran a direct line instead of going through the flat cable passing through the window. 100% working satellites.

I hooked the cables back together, works fine again.

The connections were tight previously, so I don't know what would have done that.

It's almost as if the device needed a direct connection to reset something internally before it would work again.

Probably a problem with the cable. Could be a bad or loose connection or a cheap barrel in the line somewhere. If you are up to it, try swapping receivers and see if the problem follows.

Yeah you posted at the same time I did! Check out that response just above you...

Cable issue but not really a cable issue, very odd IMO.

I think that flat cable has frayed or severed connections. If it works now, it probably won't work when you need it the most. So I'd replace that flat cable if I were you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)