sling adapter DOA?

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
Received sling adapter yesterday. Plugged it in, no power...yrs the usb ports on my 722 work as both are being used.
First plugged into powered usb hub. No go. Then directly into usb port, again no go.
Im asuming it is DOA.

Any tboughts

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

If "no power" means "no light on the Sling Adapter", I agree it's DOA. I suppose it's possible that the LED is not working while the rest is... Does "no go" mean your receiver doesn't detect it, or rather that it doesn't show up in DO or DRA?

TheKrell said:
If "no power" means "no light on the Sling Adapter", I agree it's DOA. I suppose it's possible that the LED is not working while the rest is... Does "no go" mean your receiver doesn't detect it, or rather that it doesn't show up in DO or DRA?

Sorry I wasn't clear. No light on the too of the unit. I have not checked DO/DRA yet. Figured no light means no power (per instructions).
Frankly it was a bit unsettling to open the package and find a ups return label included.
Makes me think someone is aware QA is poor.

Ross

klang said:
Is your 722 already configured for internet access?

Yes, but that wouldn't make any difference withe power light an the sling adapter not comming on.

Ross

Frankly it was a bit unsettling to open the package and find a ups return label included. Makes me think someone is aware QA is poor.
No kidding. I bought mine (full price) on Day 1, and it did not come with a return shipping label. Of course mine worked, after a fashion. ;)

So... Did you get a replacement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)