Sling Adapter Issues

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
Got my adapter and hooked it up to my 722k, I downloaded the dish app to my android phone. I have 2 issues, one is I can't watch live or recorded stuff on my phone, it say locating R00...., then some other stuff then says starting R00.... but then get a black screen with a cancel button. The other issue is when I log onto dish on my laptop, I can't watch live or recorded programs on my laptop, the only items on top I can click are guide and something else, but the live and DVR butons can't be clicked. So what am I doing wrong? I do have ethernet hooked and connected to the DVR, I also have Upnp enabled and it automatically forwarded port 5101. Any help is appreciated.

looks like the issue was with my laptop, however sometimes I can watch stuff from the DVR on my wifes laptop and sometimes I get "your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. error (36) (38). On my phone it stalls at starting R00...receiver # and just stays that way.

The sling adapter gets a little buggy for me at times. Earlier tonight I could not change channels online. Whether I tried using the guide or the on screen channel up and down it would just stay on the channel my IRD was already tuned into. Luckily my son was home and I had him change the channel at home to the Packers/Saints game and was able to watch remotely from my laptop.
I logged out during halftime then logged back in for the second half and found somethin I haven't seen in a long time.....The virtual remote control :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• slingshot09-08.JPG
    slingshot09-08.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 237
The sling adapter gets a little buggy for me at times. . .I logged out during halftime then logged back in for the second half and found somethin I haven't seen in a long time.....The virtual remote control :)
The sling adapter is full of aliens from space. They decide when it will work or not, just to tic us off. Mine has been working better the last two or so weeks. Up to about 60% of the time it works. I get the virtual remote version about 50% of the time. So it is still around. It might be better if it was something you could connect to directly like my CCTV security cameras. They work 100% of the time.
Hummm, just a thought, but how about some of the techies here come up with a direct connection; no dishonline.;)

RT.

I guess I thought that this would work on my android phone, glad I didn't pay for this. On my phone it goes through everything then get to starting with my receiver # listed and it just stays that away, anyone have this issue on an android phone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts